PDA

View Full Version : Please help me? Toilet Anxiety!

Nich
04-07-12, 23:58
I am going on a long trip tomorrow, and i greatly suffer from panic attacks, thinking i won't be able to use the toilet. No matter what i think i can't get my mind off of it, and know i will have to stop within the first hour. But i can't help but worry, whether there are no service stations along the way, and whether i will be able to make it to one and not have to stop more than once. I'm going with a full car and i don't want to annoy the people by having to stop multiple times. I'm so embarrassed, do you have any tips for me on this journey? Because i really can't sleep because of the stress! Thanks

nomorepanic
05-07-12, 00:14
The more you worry about it and think about it the worse it gets so you need distraction on the journey so you don't sit there all the time thinking you need the loo.

If the worst happens then you will have to ask the driver to stop for you.

Nich
05-07-12, 00:19
The more you worry about it and think about it the worse it gets so you need distraction on the journey so you don't sit there all the time thinking you need the loo.

If the worst happens then you will have to ask the driver to stop for you.

My main fear right now is that it's a long country road, where i think there won't be any stops at all. :wacko: I just find it really hard to distract myself with this on my mind.

lleksam
05-07-12, 00:20
Do you have an ipod?

I always bring an audio book with me on long trips, Once we're moving I really focus on the story being told and I usually get totally distracted and the time passes by. I get very nervous when flying so I find this helps.

Bring a book if you're one of those people who can read while moving without feeling sick. Or try making a good conversation :)

The more you think about it the worse it will be.

Nich
05-07-12, 00:24
Do you have an ipod?

I always bring an audio book with me on long trips, Once we're moving I really focus on the story being told and I usually get totally distracted and the time passes by. I get very nervous when flying so I find this helps.

Bring a book if you're one of those people who can read while moving without feeling sick. Or try making a good conversation :)

The more you think about it the worse it will be.
Thanks for the advice :-) I wish i could read, but it makes me sick while I'm traveling! I guess i could try listening to something, there's not a lot i can do to distract me really.

lleksam
05-07-12, 00:31
If you have a iphone, ipad, ipod I cannot recommend enough the audio books you can get from itunes. I find listening to comedy is a great way of feeling better as you laugh and a form of distraction, another one if biographies of a famous person you really like. I really enjoyed Jack dees, Stephen Frys and Simon Peggs.

You can find so many great stories, give it a try!

nomorepanic
05-07-12, 00:42
Nintendo DS and play games - I do

lleksam
05-07-12, 00:45
Nintendo DS and play games - I do

Oh yes that's a great idea, there are so many good games out to play, Games everyone can enjoy for all ages. The brain games are quite addictive.