PDA

View Full Version : NOT a headache

Ditapage
05-07-12, 06:59
I don't get typical headaches. It doesn't help that I panic about every feeling in my head all day, every day, but I get this weird feeling that doesn't cause full blown panic attacks all the time but I start getting the breathlessness, dizziness and sweats. It feels like someone is pushing down on the top of my head and it's not a painful pressure but it makes feel uneasy & panicky. It makes me feel like I'll past out (though I never have) and it makes me snap at people and gives me very low tolerance for everything happening around me. It comes and goes but it's dreadful. Does anyone know this feeling and can understand when I say its NOT a headache?

rockydog
05-07-12, 10:57
Yes definitely, most of my problems started with headaches that were not actually headaches. I was obssessed for the months about my head, I will give you a brief description of mine and you can see if you recognise anything.
Sometimes i would get a typical headache like a headache you would get with flu or a virus and it would pound when i stood up or burnt forward.
I would get a feeling in my head like it was strained or burnt out really hard to explain, i would feel like i had bruised my brain.
Other times i had the pressure feeling, like a weight on top of my head that was over one patch of my head and i felt like i could touch it where it hurt but was still conviced it was inside. I would sometimes feel it lift and that made me feel like i was going to faint or as if something was going wrong inside.
The feelings could go away but then if i went out and tried to get on the pain/sensation would return. Lying down or lying in the bath would relieve it but then it would come back.
It was always the head feeling that started the panicky feeling. x