PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline

Jenny
17-07-06, 09:37
Hi All

As some of you know I am coming off Sertraline (Lustral) at the moment. I have been taking it for about 2 years, but not helped much with panic. I have been having lots of Hot Flushes every day about every hour. This last week I haven't felt well at all. My husabd phoned the doctors and she came out to see me. It was something to do with the inner ear, felt dizzy, sick , not eating much. She prescribed Stemitil. which is helping. I asked if all this had anything to do with coming off the medication and she said no she didn't think so.

Anyway to cut a long story short she noticed the hot flushes whilst she was here. I told her how bad they were and when they had started. Guess what guys while taking Sertraline, hot flushes is a common problem. The sooner I come off them the better.
Lookin back it is about 2 years when they got worse

Sephiroth
22-07-06, 00:22
Thanks for this info Jenny. I've just been prescribed Sertraline as it is meant to treat tinnitus noises as a side effect (which I have). I will make a note of this, and if have any problems I will go back to mirtazapine I think.

M