PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone out there like me?

Rhonda Swan
05-07-12, 11:52
Hi.
I'm a 45year old woman living in the North of England. I have suffered from anxiety for years but recently after a few traumatic events it seems to be more intense. I have shied away from medication in the past but at the moment would do anything to get a break from it. Have recently developed phobias about spiders and thunderstorms so I don't feel safe in my house or out of it. I have hardly any family or friends.

Feel like I am losing my mind.

nomorepanic
05-07-12, 12:03
Hi Rhonda Swan

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Forever1803
05-07-12, 12:14
Hi Rhonda,

do you currently take any prescribed medications for your anxiety?

joy
05-07-12, 12:21
Hi Rhonda
How you contacted your GP at all

Joy

BobbyDog
05-07-12, 12:48
Hi Rhonda,

I hope you get some help and support here at NMP

:welcome:

swgrl09
05-07-12, 12:55
Hi Rhonda and welcome. I too always had a bit of anxiety, but had some traumatic experiences within the last two years that made it quite difficult. I've been doing therapy for PTSD. I hope you find the help you need!

Veronica H
05-07-12, 13:26
:welcome:to NMP. Sorry to hear you have had a rough time recently. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant).
Here is a link to her site;
http://www.claireweekes.com.au/ (http://www.claireweekes.com.au/)

This will get better. Veronicax

CameronG
05-07-12, 14:05
Hi Rhonda I am too from thr north of England, well northeast x

anxious2
05-07-12, 14:50
Hi I am also from north of England , I have just started medication as I also need a much needed break

fluffy-wings
05-07-12, 19:17
Hi there. There seems to be so many people today with no support. I dont have much support, I wonder if that causes anxiety in us-as we are a species evolved to live in groups. I have a phobia of mannequins!