PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling when walking

xtremx
05-07-12, 12:03
Sometimes when I am walking or sometimes just standing around I get this really strange feeling that I am sinking into my shoes (I said it was strange).

I will try to explain better you know when you walk on a loose floor board and you sink abit that is how I feel at time I can be walking in to town and all of a sudden I feel like I have gone down a dip or something and it leads me to stopping and looking at the ground behind me to check that the ground is even or I can be standing still talking to someone and it will happen again as if some as if my feet have sunk into the soles of my shoes.

And then I will start to get abit panicky about it and start feeling lightheaded and all the rest of the symptoms of anxiety!

Please don't thing I am a nutter but it is a very strange feeling

josh1987
05-07-12, 13:11
it happens to me allso

hanshan
05-07-12, 14:24
It can be a sign of peripheral neuropathy - best to see your doctor.

annie.hall
05-07-12, 15:35
I also have this. I have it mainly when I get out of an elevator or when I stand still looking for my keys on my front porch. I once googled the symptom and many people with anxiety have it. I think I feel it more when I'm tired. Anyways I'm quite convinced there's nothing wrong with you. I hope this helps!

xtremx
05-07-12, 16:19
Thanks for your reply's josh1987 & annie.hall.

I am 80% sure its just anxiety Live with anxiety is a real learning experience your think you have mastered it and then it throws something else at you.

hanshan

Your reply has me thinking and I will take that up with my doctor as i suffer from a mild form of Trigeminal neuralgia (nerve pain in the face) and also Benign fasciculation syndrome (which could be a nerve problam) no one seems to know what cause's it but its like als/mnd but is not a terminal illness.
I also get nevre pain in my left arm and shoulders so have a Cervical mri in about a weeks time to see what could be causing that so hopefully see my doctor in a few weeks to discuss it.
So at the moment I on pregabalin to treat my nerve pain and also my anxiety/panic disorder.

PanchoGoz
05-07-12, 22:40
Wow - I get this when I'm in shops but only in crowded shops. The floor moves. I keep asking my friends, did you feel the floor move? It feels like it, but I think it must be anxiety. Also when I step down, I sink as if it is the floor, so yes I know what you mean and I think it is anxiety. Otherwise I have periphirol nuerowhatsit too.

xtremx
06-07-12, 09:43
Wow - I get this when I'm in shops but only in crowded shops. The floor moves. I keep asking my friends, did you feel the floor move? It feels like it, but I think it must be anxiety. Also when I step down, I sink as if it is the floor, so yes I know what you mean and I think it is anxiety. Otherwise I have periphirol nuerowhatsit too.

Wow you put it better than me! But that is exactly how it feels very very strange.
But my question would be how could anxiety case that as i would not think it would be a symptom as it is so strange, very unlike other symptoms. With me it seems to happen even when i feel as calm as posssible.

joy
06-07-12, 12:01
I feel like i'm walking thro custard!!!!

PanchoGoz
06-07-12, 15:53
But my question would be how could anxiety case that as i would not think it would be a symptom as it is so strange, very unlike other symptoms. With me it seems to happen even when i feel as calm as posssible.

The answer is...don't ask. Anxiety is so close to the nervous system, it could cause just about anything if it's been strong for a while. I get wierd feelings sometimes, jst in my mind, that everything is the wrong size or proportion. Even if you feel calm, your nerves still need time to adjust to calmness, or maybe your unconscious mind is still just as anxious but you don't know because you are distracted. The best thing you can do is trust it is anxiety as we have it to and look no further into it as that will make you more anxious and you may find it happens more, or at least address the symptom with friendly curiosity instead of fear. But if you find a solution, by all means share it :)

Margaret99
07-07-12, 10:05
It could be linked to Pregabalin. A well known side effect is an effect on co-ordination, sometimes in the way you describe; it does wear off if that is what it is.

xtremx
07-07-12, 12:18
It could be linked to Pregabalin. A well known side effect is an effect on co-ordination, sometimes in the way you describe; it does wear off if that is what it is.

Thanks you Margaret99,

Never thought of that have been on pregabalin for about 6 months now but have lately increased the dose by 150mg and this strange feeling has only started in the last 4 weeks.

So could be.