PDA

View Full Version : 2 good days in a row!!!

R.Barratt
05-07-12, 17:41
Hello guys :)
I used to go to fair grounds and amusement parks I used to love all the big scary rides.
But since my anxiety I haven't been able to even think about going to a place like that because off all the people and pressure to enjoy yourself and do everything your friends doing.
I went today because it was free and for my boyfriends sake. I was planning on just going counting the hours down keeping a fake smile on my face until its all over. However I really suprised myself and felt like my own person again. Enjoying myself. Laughing with friends. And beeing able to laugh at myself and not be so serious.
It may seem like such a small thing but a few months ago I wouldn't have been able to enjoy myself or physicallly even go there. I have improved so much. I just hope it continues fingers crossed xxx

eternally optimistic
05-07-12, 22:04
Hey, you sound like you are on a roll, college, trip out, what next?

Glad you feeling good about your success, and it is a success. This
is something you can build on and there is nothing quite like feeling
good about yourself and what you have achieved.

WELL DONE.....

I think what with this and your college post, you teach us that sometimes
you've got to push yourself to get that nice feeling...

R.Barratt
06-07-12, 07:40
Thank you jay ann :)
It is hard to push yourself when all you want to do is stay in your comfort zone. But it is worth it. Thank you for kind of saying I'm teaching and helping others. I sometimes worry people on nmp will get annoyed at my post because there all little things but thank you xxx

eternally optimistic
06-07-12, 09:11
Morning

Never, ever, feel your posts are of insignificant.... ever

Its all the day to day achievements that make us the people we
probably want to be.

You know, probably as I do, that by posting, that in itself is
a way of getting it off your chest and helping us.

Keep posting....

Have a good day

holly1
06-07-12, 09:15
Jay-ann is totally right.
I think it is a symptom of anxiety that we worry what people will think of us but NMP is a safe place where every problem is given the respect it deserves.

Keep posting!
:)

R.Barratt
06-07-12, 12:22
Thank you holly and jay ann :)
You've really made me feel a lot better
I will keep posting because yeah you're right its great to get it off your chest and to gt advice and positive comments. :) xxx