PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin Withdrawel Symptoms

Margaret99
05-07-12, 18:52
Ok although I suffer from anxiety/Panic attack for 18 months the reason I am on Pregabalin is chronic neuropathic pain.

I have been on it for 3+ years and am currently trying to quit as I am sick of putting this shit in my body for what have become negligible positive effects. I am doing it gradually - I cut down to 400mg a day, now I have just cut down to 350mg but I am finding it so tough.

Apart from an increase in pain what I feel are withdrawel symptoms are - increased anxiety; more bowel activity and worsening of insomnia.

Can anyone else comment on this? Thanks

joy
05-07-12, 19:21
Oh great! I've been put on pregabalin for anxiety. Didnt know there was withdrawal problems

sorry you are having trouble

Joy

hanshan
06-07-12, 12:16
Hi Margaret,

Pregabalin works by reducing nerve activity in the brain. If you stop taking it, nervous activity will increase, which could account for the symptoms that you describe. Some of this could be a rebound effect which will reduce in in time, but some could be a return of the symptoms that originally led to you being prescribed the drug.

Margaret99
07-07-12, 09:49
Yes I cant work out if the increase in pain is withdrawel or real (feels pretty damm real to me). Approx 6 days since cutting down from 400 - 350 and the increase in pain is not letting up.

And altho not prescribed for my anxiety I can see a definate increase in that.

Sleeping is horrendous! (not a good sleeper anyway but this is ridiculous) and my poor stomach

Really struggling not to go back up again

xtremx
07-07-12, 12:23
Must admit i have never given much thought to withdrawal symptons before my mine concern has been the side effect whilst on scripts.

I wish you the best in coming off pregabalin and hope the withdrawal symptons are very short lived.
Will be following your thread closely

hanshan
07-07-12, 12:54
Hi Margaret,

Pregabalin is not a cure for chronic neuropathic pain or anxiety. If you stop taking it, the pain and anxiety will return.

Margaret99
07-07-12, 17:48
I know its not a cure; never said it was :)

Since I've been on it a long time I need to find out how effective its being, this is the only way to do it.

Plus I want if at all possible to come off it.