PDA

View Full Version : No win situation

Worried_Male
05-07-12, 23:17
Ok, i'm going to try break this down to you best i can without it being too long...

Basically i have suffered with a condition called psoriatic arthritis for nearly 10 years now. It's basically arthritis of the joints which also causes psoriasis.

I was put on a drug called methotrexate, which is a pretty heavy duty drug, in higher does it is used to treat cancer. Sometimes it give me side effects like sickness and fatigue.

When i started suffering from health anxiety about 18 months ago, i stopped taking it after all the bad things i read about it lowering your immune system and damaging your liver. It was just feeding my anxiety. Since i stopped taking it i have developed psoriasis in my finger nails and geographic tongue, which are both caused by my condition. It's really starting to make me anxious, some of my fingernails look rank.

So i have a choice, i can either take the methotrexate, or i can put up with my nail psoriasis and geographic tongue. Both will cause me horrible anxiety. Which would you choose?

BlueEyes28
05-07-12, 23:36
Is their any way you can take the med and take something for the sickness and fatigue? And which causes more trouble and anxiety for you? Think about the pro's and con's of each desicion maybe? It's difficult but i'm sure there's an option :-)