PDA

View Full Version : The cure if u want it!!

WILLYWONKA
06-07-12, 15:24
INTRO....

im 27 - a sportsperson - wife and 2 kids - plenty of friends - good family - house and car - finanically ok - how did this happen to me!!!! well it did!!

MY STORY....

i always developed an anxiety over my heart when i would see a sportsperson dropping dead on the sportsfield...i developed full blown anxiety on feb of this year when i got the flu for the first time - still not right from the flu - driving to training i got a skipped heartbeat and 10 mins later another one - it sent my body over the edge - i had not being to a doctor is over 10 years but suddendly phone myself there nearly 10 times in 3 months with an A&E visit with chest pains and a trip to a specialsist heart clinic - only to be the all clear on each occasion...but i could not accept this!! (as u lot understand!! :D)

MY ANXIETY....

my anxiety was a 24 hour anxiety that i was going to have a heart attack from the moment i opened my eyes til the moment i closed them at night - with panic attacks....my sympthoms were heart palpitations - dizziness - light headed - weight loss - stomach sensations - breathing difficulties - crying - couldnt get a deep breathe etc etc ****ing etc!!:wacko: i went from training 7 days a wk to lying in front of a tv with a blanket around me...i would check DR GOOGLE (BIG NO - SEE IF I SEE U DOING THIS IM GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!! STOP IT AND STOP IT NOW!!) - i would constantly self check my pulse or heartbeat -i had to phone my mum (who funnily enough suffered heart anxiety when she was young as well) some nights to come up to me - i used to leave clothes lying sitting beside my bed so that i could put them on quick if i took bad in the middle of night...i was taking panic attacks whilst playing sports!! I WAS TAKING PANIC ATTACKS IS DISNEYLAND!! i tried to solider on in sports but went from being star man to getting subsituted and form plummeting to the manager calling me a disgrace...IT WAS RUINING MY LIFE!

the final straw came when i found myself shouting more at my children - i had no interest in them - i was to self obsesed with my 'disease'..i went to the doctor and broke down and told him i had anxiety and what had being going on (he knew anyway with me not being to see him in 10years to all of a sudden being there every wk or 2 and getting the all clear each time...he perscribed me busphrione - THEY GAVE ME HEART PALPITATIONS!!! :roflmao:SOME ****ING LUCK I HAVE!!! :D I stopped them after 2 days as i dont take tablets anyway....

ACTION....

i knew i had anxiety so i started to provide my body the tools necessary to deal with the affects of stress and anxiety had on it!!

i started to eat and eat healthy - even tho i wasnt hungry - i forced food into me - i started to read books - got massages - done yoga - i downloaded relaxation apps (glen harrold) - i started walking - and i developed a routine that would promote sleep...i used to get a bath at half 9 til 10 then read a book for a half an hour or so then listen to the realxtion app with headphones...

this helped limit the affects of anxiety and i strongly urge u do to the same - it will speed up your recovery!!

when i took bad panic attacks my mum gave me 5mg of diazapham which helped greatly tho they are hugely addictive and it is not a road u want to go down - its too easy to take a pill everytime u have a panic attack an will not cure u!! if u want the cure follow the link i have provided!!

THE CURE....

this worked for me and it WILL work for YOU!! when u click this link u are now in RECOVERY!! it is along piece of text but read it throughly or take a few days to understand it - above all dedicate yourself to this and be determined - YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE THIS ANXIETY STOP :yesyes:

nothingworks.weebly.com

thats my story anyway - i kno how much of a bastartd anxiety is - if i can help one person it will be brilliant!!

if anyone has an questions or needs advice i would love to help!!

YOU CAN DO THIS AND U MUST

best wishes

WILLYWONKA :bighug1:

saab
07-07-12, 18:55
Hi Chris. I have read quickly through your site and will certainly go back and look at it in more detail. I think it is great that you have posted what has worked for you - as you acknowledge there are no miracle cures and not everyone finds relief through counselling, cbt, relaxation therapies and so on.

I do note though that (if your times given are correct) you had been having panic attacks for 5 months, since Feb of 2012 - it may be a bit easier to re-train the brain after a period of a few months than it is if you have had panic attacks for years.

If I were to sum up your advice, it seems to be 'ignore' the panic and anxiety and just carry on. I did find it a bit Claire Weekes-ish in it's tone. (She advocates facing up to your axiety, fully accepting it's symptoms, and then 'floating' through it - ie. carry on on and let the wave of panic discharge itself).

I think what is important is that, whatever your type or level of anxiety, there will be an answer out there for everyone. If Claire Weekes, cbt, mindfulness, or whatever doesn't work, keep looking.

It is great that you have found 'your' cure and it is an approach that may well help others. Noone has to live with panic and anxiety forever. There will be something out there that helps and it's just a question of finding what works for you.

WILLYWONKA
07-07-12, 20:29
yes for 5 months but i believe the reason mine only last 5 months is that, i was lucky yes, that i came across a method that worked but i was very determined (not to say somebody suffering for a few years is not determined) so when i undertook a method i tried my best which allowed me to find the actual cure...if i had not of came across this method they i could of being consigned with anxiety for a lifetime if u get me...

altho it was only 5 months it was the worst 5 months of my life - the affect anxiety and panic attacks had on me were terrifying....i promise that if an anxiety sufferer tries these methods and techniques and commits to them and is determined - they will at least and very worst get some control on the situation and loosen the noose that anxiety holds...

as i also as i stated i helped my body by walking yoga eating good foods etc

Margaret99
07-07-12, 21:10
Everyone is different what works for one person wont neccessarily work for another.

Of course healthy eating/exercise cant hurt but I don't beleive it to be everything.

I think that ignoring anxiety is the worst thing you can do; surpressing it will only make things worse in the long run. In my experience gradual exposure (if the anxiety has a known cause) is the best way to go, above all listening to your body and not pushing yourself too far.

I would agree that 5 months isn't very long either, some people have suffered from anxiety their whole lives. It then becomes very entrenched if not acknowleged/treated and therefore much more difficult to live with let alone 'cure'.

potato11
07-07-12, 22:00
Saab I think ur confused

please note that willy wonka is NOT the author of nothingworks.weebly - he is just posting a link to it, lol.

Chris (the author) is cymraig_chris here on NMP, he had anxiety for much longer than 5 months lol - not sure just how long though

WILLYWONKA
07-07-12, 22:21
i understand that 5 months is short compared to some sufferers - but as iv said mine only last 5months as i was determined when trying methods....

i still deal with anxiety but its managable now - it does not affect my life anymore - with anxiety i believe that there has to come a stage if a sufferer wants to be free of anxiety that they get angry and they say 'right anxiety - u do want u want - and il do what i want!!

Margaret99
07-07-12, 22:29
i still deal with anxiety but its managable now - it does not affect my life anymore - with anxiety i believe that there has to come a stage if a sufferer wants to be free of anxiety that they get angry and they say 'right anxiety - u do want u want - and il do what i want!!

Let me get this straight you seem to be saying if only everyone decides they want to be free from anxiety then they will be?

Sorry but this is cobblers. Anixiety is not something you can just wish away, otherwise we could all be free of it at will.

I don't think this advice is beneficial and indeed I think it will make some people with anxiety put pressure on themselves by trying to will their anxiety away, thereby exacerbating the anxiety.

WILLYWONKA
07-07-12, 22:33
no its all about very small steps and small victories and gaining strength and confidence...

so no u havent got it straight,,,im sorry i havent had anxiety for years but i found a method that worked for me and i got my life back and if it helps one person in here then thats great...

maybe your negative attitude is what is holding you back

mikewales
08-07-12, 09:00
There are so many reasons for / aspects of / types of anxiety and other related problems that go along with it, that saying there is a 'cure' is sadly not true. It may work for one person, and not for a hundred others.

You are fortunate your anxiety became manageable in 5 months, but sometimes it does that, and then comes back twice as bad years later, so I don't think anyone can consider themself 'cured'

Your thread title is quite misleading really, and you should also credit the original writer of the website in your post as it does make it appear it is your work.

jayred
08-07-12, 09:53
Why are people looking for negatives. No its not a cure but its a positive uplifting story that we should all use as an aim. The only way to overcome is through positive thinking looking for a negative will never help any of us so accept the story and try to take a lesson and see how it works for u i certainly will.

WILLYWONKA
08-07-12, 10:20
i did try to change the title but couldnt and i did not say it was my own - if u actually read my first post and the link u would realise this :)

i only joined this forum to post the link -

it seems to me that some people have already knocked it before EVEN trying the link - which is both ignorant and stupid

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Why are people looking for negatives. No its not a cure but its a positive uplifting story that we should all use as an aim. The only way to overcome is through positive thinking looking for a negative will never help any of us so accept the story and try to take a lesson and see how it works for u i certainly will.

i wish u all the best mate - the story gave me great comfort when i was at my lowest ebb and def helped me deal wity my anxiety - i still have anxiety but its managable now...

mikewales
08-07-12, 11:07
The person who wrote the webpage has been a member on here for a few years, and the site has been posted quite a few times before, so people will have read it and either benefited from it, or not found it appropriate for their situation.

It's not a case of being negative, but people saying they have found the cure for anxiety can give false hope to other people, when it may not work for them.

saab
08-07-12, 23:21
Apologies OP, I misunderstood and thought it was your own site. I do think there are some things of value on the site, though I could have done without the poetry on masturbation.

I guess what most people feel is that no approach is guaranteed to work for everyone, but that there will be elements of different approaches that can be useful. If it was as easy as simply 'pulling yourself together', then most of us would have done it already. Ignoring the panic can work for some but not for others.

The approach I have found most helpful is the Claire Weekes method of not fighting the anxiety, but floating through it, combined with cbt books that help in re-training your mind into more rational thinking. But again, others have not benefited from these approaches.

My husband and I used to joke that I should write a self-help book called, "Get a Grip Woman", and then a sequel, "Pull Yourself Together You Silly Cow". But when you've tried to pull yourself together and it's not worked, where do you go then?

I think the answer is you keep looking and eventually you will find your own 'program' that works for you.

ladybird64
09-07-12, 17:01
Hello :)

I am not an active forum member here anymore but still read the posts from time to time.

I did post something about Chris's work ages ago, link here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=890019

I have had it for years and it will always be with me but the difference is that it no longer matters to me. When it starts ceasing to matter, stops being the most important thing in your life, then it will gradually diminish.

Look at all approaches, ask questions all the time, read, gather knowledge of precisely what panic and anxiety are and when you have done all that..decide how you are going to move on.
Ignoring anxiety and supressing it are not the same thing. Suppressing is trying to keep it at bay, ignoring it is going with how one feels.

For the record, I don't believe in a "cure". To have a cure means I was ill and I wasn't. I have anxiety/phobias/panic attacks. Of course they are still there but because I no longer fear them, they are no longer anxiety/phobias/panic attacks in the sense that they were.

While I am not scared they cannot show face, they are helpless. So..game over. FWIW..I am still panic free, still travelling regularly on the tube, still getting bad days occasionally but the fear, the REAL fear is gone.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that it will continue to try and put in an appearance but I also have no doubt that it won't succeed.

Knowledge is power. Never surrender.

Take care all.

WILLYWONKA
20-07-12, 15:46
Hello :)

I am not an active forum member here anymore but still read the posts from time to time.

I did post something about Chris's work ages ago, link here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=890019

I have had it for years and it will always be with me but the difference is that it no longer matters to me. When it starts ceasing to matter, stops being the most important thing in your life, then it will gradually diminish.

Look at all approaches, ask questions all the time, read, gather knowledge of precisely what panic and anxiety are and when you have done all that..decide how you are going to move on.
Ignoring anxiety and supressing it are not the same thing. Suppressing is trying to keep it at bay, ignoring it is going with how one feels.

For the record, I don't believe in a "cure". To have a cure means I was ill and I wasn't. I have anxiety/phobias/panic attacks. Of course they are still there but because I no longer fear them, they are no longer anxiety/phobias/panic attacks in the sense that they were.

While I am not scared they cannot show face, they are helpless. So..game over. FWIW..I am still panic free, still travelling regularly on the tube, still getting bad days occasionally but the fear, the REAL fear is gone.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that it will continue to try and put in an appearance but I also have no doubt that it won't succeed.

Knowledge is power. Never surrender.

Take care all.

could not of said it better myself -

mrmj
22-07-12, 07:40
Haven't had time to read it yet but it sounds similar to how I've tried to get better. I don't ignore the symptoms of anxiety but I just let it be what it is, and accept it is nothing serious. Eventually over many weeks it starts to lessen the effects as you relax. The thing you can't expect is to accept it as anxiety and go with it and just feel good straight away. It could take weeks or months. If you go in with any other expectation it could push you the other way. You need to accept the symptoms to a level where you truly do not mind them. So much so that if they didn't go it wouldn't matter anyway cause you don't care!

Willywonka I understand what you said about searching for answers very soon after it affected you, I did too. I think you do need to realise though that it is much easier to change your thought pattern and whole way of thinking and life if it hasn't been with you for too long such as yourself, and me too.
Bear in mind some people would have been suffering for years, before the internet was readily available and information was as free as it is today. If you have these anxieties and mindsets as entrenched as they are, it will be much more difficult to drop them, although not impossible at all!

Hypo
22-07-12, 11:20
Thank you. I can not wait to read this. At this point I have nothing to lose.

I am a big believer in positive talk and that we DO have the power to beat anxiety. It is difficult, if it was easy none of us would be here but I do think we have that power but tapping into it is the hardest part.

Im sick of feeling the way I do. Im sick of watching my kids with fear because I think I'm about to leave them behind.

I will read the link when the children are asleep and if it helps me even a little it will be a good thing.