PDA

View Full Version : Not quite there

W.I.F.T.S.
17-07-06, 12:46
Generally I feel better than I have done for a while, more real, more optimistic. My town mayor asked to meet me on Friday and we discussed ideas to raise £20,000 towards a centre for sick kids. It's really good because I'd been flagging a bit with my voluntary work as a social coordinator and this has put a bit of wind in my sails. I'd been wanting to do things for charity any way and it helps me to pull a lot of different things together.

I've had an idea to try and organise a celebrity football match with well known local people. It's a great challenge trying to contact and persuade people to take part and I think I'd get a real buzz out of it if it did happen.

I am a bit concerned about pushing myself too hard, but I feel that if I'm going to break through this depression that I need to do new and daring things and push my comfort zone right back.

It's just so frustrating that I feel almost right, but still really stiff, achy and a bit bogged down. I know that I'm still very tense and anxious and that I need to keep trying my best to relax and unwind and that the good things that I am doing will eventually pay off. At the moment, I feel like lying down and sleeping until it's warn off.

I've decided that the things that I believe are worthwhile and which give me purpose are:

To keep doing things that scare me. fear is purely psychological. The less things I feel scared and intimidated by the more confident, free and happy I will feel. The only way to beat fear is to go towards it.

To try to continue to grow. To learn new skills, to try new experiences. To try and be open minded and to accept other people and myself.

To try and help others as well as myself either through my volunteering, charity work or coaching.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

mandg
17-07-06, 12:54
Good advise for us all I think Simon.

Mandy