PDA

View Full Version : Sick of feeling like this

Parkee
07-07-12, 19:32
I've suffered from health anxiety for about 8 years. Usually it's worrying about CJD but in the last week I've been convinced that I have MND. I'm a community nurse who spends a lot of time doing physical work with my arms & legs. I'm basically worried that the odd ache & pain in my legs is MND. I've felt a weak feeling in my right leg for about 2 days & I've already got myself in a wheelchair or in a bed downstairs. Basicaly, I'm wondering if anyone else totally freaks out about this kind of thing? I should know better really being a nurse but sometimes I think it's a case of "a little knowledge is a bad thing". HELP!!!

Jackie37
08-07-12, 12:32
hi to you I have had this problem about mnd and it was terrible every minute was spent worrying about it that was since last Christmas no matter what the doc said I did not believe him I made myself vert Ill it's. Horrible thinking about it all the time you will be fine I am and no mds best wishes
Jackie 37 xxxx

cattia
08-07-12, 12:50
I didn't know a thing about MND until a friend I knew from when I was younger got diagnosed with it at 27. Since then I have obsessed about it a fair few times. At one point I was actually desperately hoping I had MS as I thought it would be preferable to MND. I had all sorts of crazy symptoms, tingling and shooting nerve pains, pins and needles in my legs, feeling hot and cold spots on my skin, all sorts. In the end I moved onto a new obsession and guess what - those symptoms went away! It's a very scary one to obsess over but it's very rare and I think if you have it you really know about it!