PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Londongirl29
07-07-12, 22:32
Hi everyone,
This is my first time on this site. I suffer with anxiety, depression and self injury. I think I have pretty much exhausted the internet now looking for support groups anywhere near me so I thought I'd try a forum with a view to meeting up with likeminded people if possible at some point. Hope everyone here is ok?
C xx

theharvestmouse
07-07-12, 22:40
Hi, welcome to NMP, Hope you find support on here!

nomorepanic
07-07-12, 22:42
Hi Londongirl29

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Londongirl29
07-07-12, 22:43
Thanks! x

BobbyDog
08-07-12, 06:44
Hi Londongirl29,
I lived and worked in London for 5 years, a very busy city!!!!
I suffer with anxiety and depression along with other things. There was a period in my life that I self harmed, to stop the pain that I felt inside. This was quite some time ago and it only happened a couple of times, the medication that I was taking at the time had something to do with it. Do you take medication? Is your GP aware of the situation?
PM if you like.

Londongirl29
08-07-12, 16:04
Hi BobbyDog, Thanks for your message! London is very busy, think I would prefer to be somewhere quieter. Whee are you now if you have managed to escape? I do take medication which has just been increased, My GP is aware which is why she upped the dose. I don't do it too often, I only did a few times before but as you say the pain has caused it to resurface in the last few months. I am trying to fight it and the depression, the anxiety is a lot better thanks to the meds and mindfulness, CBT etc. How are you managing your d&a?