PDA

View Full Version : Panicing about Gp appointment tomorrow

feelingblue
08-07-12, 07:56
I have recently become so scared about pending Gp appointment. I need to go as I need more tablets. I have cancelled the appointmenton two occasions and am in a complete panic about tomorrow. I have been awake all night with waves of anxiety and retching.
I do not know what to do if I cannot get there. Will they do a home visit.
I think my problem is that I feel trapped in the waiting room .over the past weeks I have started getting out and walking in the park and street but not to enclosed spaces.
Having my period this weekend has not helped with the heighten anxiety.

Anyone else get in a panic regarding Gp visit.

Lilac58
08-07-12, 09:43
Hi,

understand completely your feelings about GP's waiting room. I've been having bad panics there recently.

If you can get manage to get yourself there and you are in a state, they can actually see how bad things really are and how much you're suffering. Worth a thousand words.

I always make the first appointment in the morning so less chance of them running late and it's quieter. Also my personal space is huge at the moment. I can't stand people near me and have to move if someone sits next to me so I've singled out a seat at the end that is 'safe' and usually able to sit there.

I hope you get tomorrow sorted out and you definately don't want to run out of tablets. Would it be easier if someone went to the surgery with you?

joy
08-07-12, 09:45
Well does your surgery do telephone consultations. At mine if you ring first thing they put you on a Doctors call back list and the doctor rings after surgery. Failing that ask the receptionist for a home visit and explain you are agrophobic. Failing those to write your Doctor a letter but dont run out of tablets.

Joy

feelingblue
10-07-12, 13:32
Thanks for your reply. Just to update you. I did attend the appointment. My friend came with me and kept me distracted when waiting for that time. I felt less anxious and was surprised how well I coped as the appointment was 20 minutes late.

My dose of Citalopram upped to 20mg, hopefully the next couple of days/ weeks won't be rough.