PDA

View Full Version : help just started in despair

scamp
08-07-12, 08:45
Hi all, just started 20mg citalopram 2 days ago and just had one of the worst nights of my life, constant day and night acute anxiety. definately getting worse instead of better. Grasping at straws for solutions - any advice?
Thanks.

laura442
08-07-12, 10:00
Hi Scamp,

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this...big hugs. I am on day 4 but only a quarter of a tablet which is 2.5mg doctor said I can do this to build it up gradually. Did the doctor want you to start on 20mg
Chamomile tea is my life saver, it really really takes the edge off anxiety for me. I drink cup after cup sometimes.

scamp
08-07-12, 17:25
took third tablet this morning already off the scale of anxiety at 5 p.m. I am terrified of the night ahead. Called NHS direct, waiting for call back.

laura442
08-07-12, 17:45
Sending big hugs to you, try and do ANYTHING you can to get your mind off it, the games are brilliant on here they have helped me. Let me know what they say xxxx Thinking of you xx

Veronica H
08-07-12, 18:24
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant).
Here is a link to her site;
http://www.claireweekes.com.au/ (http://www.claireweekes.com.au/)

This will get better. Veronicax

bobbydazzler
08-07-12, 18:56
Hey, might be worth asking your doctor for diazepam to get you through the first few weeks on cit? It's really helped me when the side effects are too bad to handle & just knowing I've got them in my bag is a safety net. Apparently they are very addictive so they normally only give you a few for a short time. Hope things improve for you soon xx

scamp
09-07-12, 06:10
yep, dr gave me short acting diazepam, lovelly night's fade to black, although anxiety back now. advised to stop cit and try fluoxetine which was OK last time I tried it.
Thanks for all your concern, itreally helped.
scamp