PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe how much I did yesterday !

Smiffy3594
08-07-12, 11:02
Had a pretty good day yesterday usually I wake up on a saturday & sunday sit myself on the sofa and watch tv /DVDs all day - eat junk / drink wine in the evening with an afternoon nap included

But yesterday I got up cleaned my garage out / went to homebase cos I managed to break my garden broom sweeping the garage that I only bought last week !! / went to a sainsburys a few towns away from me which have never been to before as they had a dress in stock I really wanted (I always stay in my safety zone very close to home - was a little anxious driving in an area I don't know well)

Then when I got home I sat on the sofa watched eastenders that I sky plus'd & then decided to do some gardening & use new garden broom (which didn't break :yesyes:)

It's the most active Saturday I've had for ages & ages & only had one glass of wine yesterday rather than a bottle & didn't eat loads of junk in between normal meals

Now I'm wondering what to do today - at the mo it's raining here so am sat on sofa waiting for washing machine to finish its cycle ... mmm what else can I do or do I give in as it's Sunday & have a day of rest

I had my first CBT session last week which am hopeful is going to help me along with the citalopram I'm taking

Anyone else had a good day recently after mine I feel a little boost in myself but am definitely not ready to do anything big scale yet like going out to restaurants / bars / nightclubs but i think yesterday is definitely a starting place to work from

theharvestmouse
08-07-12, 11:15
Well done, it takes a real effort to break out of that normal weekend lazy routine sometimes. So you have proved to yourself that you can do it, and that's a great starting point to carry on doing things. Keep up the momentum!

Forever1803
08-07-12, 11:50
Well done you! That's a fantastic achievement! I had a terrible day yesterday I had to attend a family get together feeling absolutely awful. The moment I arrived, all I coud think about was when l would be leaving. I got home, got changed and spent the rest of the early evening laying on my bed with a few drinks and crap tv. Today I feel more rested, have got a load of washing out on the line, another in the dryer and my husband is cooking me a lovely roast dinner which I'm really looking forward to. Keep up the good work, well done! Amanda xx

Zingything
08-07-12, 15:41
Well done Smiffy on having such an active Saturday, I wish I could get that motivated. Keep it up!
Take care x

Tiel
09-07-12, 23:02
That's great Smiffy! Glad you had a productive day. With me I hardly have any productive days, but staying home and doing nothing. :tongue:

Smiffy3594
10-07-12, 19:34
Zingeything / Tiel - I've got a long way to go but you guys can do it to :hugs:

To everyone else thank you haven't done anything this week apart from work which I'm fine with the next stage is building up to visiting friends and then bit by bit increasing to the situations I can't do (get extremely anxious about) each in small stages

Got my next CBT session on thursday - staying hopeful it's gonna help

grace17
12-07-12, 22:16
Hello Smiffy well done. :) you right take one thing at a time
and graduallly build on the momentum you can take from that day
and your confidence will grow further. I hope your successful. :) xx

danielle26
21-07-12, 16:48
well done smithy! thats gr8! I find that doing something productive lifts my moods & gives me a sense of achievement too!

MyInitiation
10-08-12, 01:15
Sometimes cleaning up around the house is all it will take to feel a bit less anxious.