PDA

View Full Version : feeling low and no idea why

R.Barratt
08-07-12, 11:20
Hello :)
I was having a good day yestterday feeling upbeat and positive. And suddenly had this sinking feeling of depression. I think its because I have loads of things going round and round in my head but I know I can't do anything about them so I box them away in the back of my mind and forget about them but still feel depresssed.
Today I still feel the same. I don't want to go out or talk to anyone I don't even feel able to get dressed. I was hoping just having a day to relax eating crap watching telly in pykamas will help. I just don't really know what to do.
Does anyone else feel this way? Or have any advice? Any comments are appreciated xxxx

Forever1803
08-07-12, 11:31
Hi there. I felt like this yesterday and had to attend a family get together feeling like it! I really felt so anti-social and avoided any eye contact in case someone asked how I was feeling. I felt like curling up and crying! After arriving home mid afternoon I got me pjs on, grabbed a drink and a load of crappy food, lay on the bed and watched crap tv all night. I think sometimes we can feel overwhelmed by all the racing thoughts in our heads and we just need to take some time out now and then to have a break from it all and do nothing. It just comes when you least expect it doesn't it. Perhaps we should just cave in sometimes and head for bed and crap tv instead of feeling guilty for feeling awful. I hope you feel better soon, Amanda xx

Danny_dingle
08-07-12, 11:35
Hello R.Barrat,

Yes I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it's boxing the thoughts away that makes you feel worse. I always think of anxiety and depression as forms of emotional constipation: it's usually when your mind wants to be angry/sad or something else negative, but you force yourself not to be or not to think about the things that trigger these emotions and it ultimately then comes out as depression.

Seeing someone you can talk to about your problems like a counsellor would certainly help, and so does going for a walk or getting outside, or just submerging yourself in doing something that naturally takes your mind off things and makes you happy. I like to do some gardening when I'm feeling a bit wired.

I hope that helps,

Good luck and take care,

Danny_dingle

R.Barratt
08-07-12, 11:53
Hello amanda :)
Its kind of reasurring its not just me feeling like this. I guess you're right sometimes you just habe to feel sorry for yourself and not push yourself too hard xxx

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Thank you for your advice danny :) I know you're right sometimes its juat so hard doing something else and trying to distract yourself xxx

Danny_dingle
08-07-12, 11:56
I know what you mean about pushing yourself to do something, it can be difficult. Amanda definitely has a point: sometimes it's good just to accept that you're feeling low, let yourself feel it and it naturally eases off after a while.

A nice sugary cup of tea never goes amiss either... :)

R.Barratt
08-07-12, 12:19
thanks danny :) xxx

Forever1803
08-07-12, 12:32
I think what Danny suggests is a great idea, maybe speak to your gp about some counselling?
I am back on the waiting list for conselling/CBT once again, you will be amazed at how much better you will start to feel just by talking about it.

Sometimes when we are feeling really low depressed and anxious, we tend to wallow in the negative and we tend to revert back to those awful thoughts instead of focusing on the much nicer thoughts and memories that we have stored in our brains.
Perhaps next time you are feeling low/anxious, go with it instead of fighting it and it may take time, but it will eventually pass. Amanda x:hugs:

R.Barratt
11-07-12, 18:49
Thank you for your comments and kind words they mean so much to me :)

chloe83
11-07-12, 19:26
Im feelin like ths today,hpe ur ok x

R.Barratt
11-07-12, 21:05
Sorry you're feel low chloe. Message me whenever. I'm here for you xxx

theharvestmouse
11-07-12, 21:14
That's what is frustrating about anxiety and depression, one day you feel better and then wham it hits you out again.