PDA

View Full Version : Skin changes

Sharjen
08-07-12, 11:45
Hi everyone
I've had really flushed skin lately on chest and arms- I have been ultra anxious recently
Any one else get this redness on skin??

Danny_dingle
08-07-12, 11:53
Hello Sharjen,

If I remember rightly, this is a symptom of the anxiety itself (it makes you flushed when you get panicky). Also, has it been sunny where you are? I get a red chest and arms when the sun comes out, it's heat rash (nothing scary or dangerous, it just needs a little E45 on it and it goes down).

But if you're worried, go and see your doctor: they can put your mind at rest.

Take care,

Danny_dingle

Forever1803
08-07-12, 11:57
Hi Sharjen, i get this alot! I mainly get it on my face - feels on fire at times - i also get it across my chest also which flushes really red. I think it's to do with a rise in body temperature making the skin look flushed. Anxiety/stress certainly makes me feel hot and bothered. Try not to worry, it's just your skin reacting to changes. I look like i've been in the sun at times!

Sharjen
08-07-12, 20:35
Well I'm pleased I'm not the only one- I live in London and yes it has been sunny- I haven't been out in it a lot and keep myself covered up as I have a huge hernia in my stomach and can't stand people looking at me- I've tried e45 and my daughter dermal cream.will it ever go?? I have been really anxious lately my doctors useless she doesn't know if it's anxiety or allergy as I itch every time I eat - but I can't be allergic to everything!! I've had a few medication allergies in the last few month but I've never had any food allergies in 44 yrs
:blush: