PDA

View Full Version : why always a down after an up :(

smogie
08-07-12, 13:12
well had great news on wednesday all blood tests came back clear felt great had two more great days felt really optimistic then yesterday had awful reflux all day and a horrid lump feeling in my throat really spoiled my day and night felt really anxious and miserable which is not much better today. How can you go from being so up to so down in a matter of hours am i bringing this on myself dont i want to behappy am thinking this is how its going to be for ever:weep:

Danny_dingle
08-07-12, 13:57
Hi Smogie.

Firstly, don't worry about the lump in your throat and the reflux - both are incredibly common symptoms of anxiety.

Secondly, I find that, if I am anxious, it doesn't matter how often I am reassured about things, the anxiety will just move on and make me worry about something, absolutely anything, else. It is incredibly frustrating, but if it's any consolation at all I had been pretty much completely anxiety free for about a year and a half. So it is possible to get better and, as long as you are taking steps to get to the route cause of your anxiety (counselling is the best bet) then you will get better, I am sure of it.

It's horrible now, but it will pass: it will not make you unhappy forever.

Take care,

Danny x

smogie
08-07-12, 21:27
thanks for that danny i am on the waiting list for counseling but it could be six months wait:weep: i have noticed that a lot of people on here seem to have reflux and the like it is a comfort to think this is all anxiety although i still get the thoughts that maybe it might be something else i just want to be rid of it x

kimkitson77
08-07-12, 21:47
I have never in my life suffered acid reflux up until now!! And guess what im having a massive flare up of anxiety probably the worse its ever been!!
I went to the docs and they give me medicine it helps a little but not enough!!
I feel for you because i feel the same my belly burns my burps always consist of whatever iv eaten or drunk and i have a vile taste at the back of my throat!!!

smogie
09-07-12, 18:42
yes only today have had a nasty taste in my mouth never had that one before it grinds you down:weep: