PDA

View Full Version : 20mg citalopram when will i feel normal

cazbabes
08-07-12, 13:58
Hi I am new to this forum, i have been taking 10mg of cit for 2 years now and it has been brilliant, a few weeks ago i lost my lovely dad and the doc put me on 20mg i have had so many side effects, headache, constant shaking, tired can't be bothered with anything no appetite ,lost so much weight, i have been on this dose for 3 weeks now and feel less down but the shaking is still there has anyone else had these side effects and wen will i feel like me again:weep:

nomorepanic
08-07-12, 14:14
Hi cazbabes

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Londongirl29
08-07-12, 16:10
Hi Cazbabes, I'm on Citalopram 40 now, I found that 20mg took a while to get used to, it wasn't until about 6 weeks that I felt a lot better. My side effects are tiredness, constant yawning, sweating (attractive) and feeling pretty disorientated at times. Having no appetite can also cause the shaking, tiredness and headaches, it might be an idea to try and make yourself eat more even just fruit or cup a soups if you can, which is what I am doing. I am sorry to hear about your dad, I lost mine 5 months ago. It takes time but you have to ride out the grief and look after yourself in the mean time. So sorry for your loss. x