PDA

View Full Version : new here

ruffryder
08-07-12, 19:46
hi all

i have been suffering from anxiaty and panic since i was younger its been about 15 years give or take i have only just started to get my head around what is happening to me all the time. im not sure if any one else here is the same but i feel anxious and panicky 24/7 i dont remember what it feels like to be normal any more. every little thing makes me anxious even writing this im finding it hard to catch my breath, i have just stopped taking my meds because they make it ten times worse and is very distressing for me. i was given a few lorazapam but they didnt do much. i just dont know what to do with myself. my doctor is useless always makes me feel bad when i see him and doesnt really listen to me, it is very frustrating when people just wont understand and treat me as if im being stupid. i have been through cbt but it didnt really help i find it a real struggle to do simple things then i just run out of drive and no matter how much i try i cannot get it back it makes me very depressed. i am also in a relationship but am finding it very hard i am just too sensitive to everything she does i hate life at the moment and just want to be able to feel some good emotions in stead of depression anxiaty panick and misery thank you for reading.

nomorepanic
08-07-12, 20:00
Hi ruffryder

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
08-07-12, 20:13
Hi ruffryder,
I am in a state of panic most of the time aswell, so can understand your distress, it is never ending. I do take medication though.

What about asking to see another GP at the surgery that you are registered at, I know it is hard, but be insistent.

ruffryder
09-07-12, 17:22
iv just got back from the doctors he has changed my meds but every time i asked about giving me something to calm down he just kept talking over me then took me out side and told the receptionist to sort me out really gets to me when people just wont listen to i kept getting told when you need help just ask and you will get it well that is a lie they dont care untill you loose control and something stupid i keep having violent out bursts and compulsive suicidal behavior that i just cant control at times and they wont help me with it until i end up hurting someone or myself then they will want to help sorry for the rant but im tired of all this and hate myself for feeling it but just getting no where is affecting me even more

BobbyDog
09-07-12, 17:33
iv just got back from the doctors he has changed my meds but every time i asked about giving me something to calm down he just kept talking over me then took me out side and told the receptionist to sort me out really gets to me when people just wont listen to i kept getting told when you need help just ask and you will get it well that is a lie they dont care untill you loose control and something stupid i keep having violent out bursts and compulsive suicidal behavior that i just cant control at times and they wont help me with it until i end up hurting someone or myself then they will want to help sorry for the rant but im tired of all this and hate myself for feeling it but just getting no where is affecting me even more

What medication have you been given? Perhaps the doctor has taken into consideration what you have said about anger/self harming, most anxiety medication should be calming if it works correctly. You will have to try.
If you still have problems at the surgery, ask to see another GP.

ruffryder
09-07-12, 20:16
hey thanks for the reply not too sure whats its called iv got to wait till tomorrow till i can pick it up it was a mental health doctor, i have seen a few different doctors at my surgery but they all treat me the same as if im another bit of paper work to them. it is probably to do with the area i live its east london and no one seems to care round here