PDA

View Full Version : Hello I am new

Jem27
17-07-06, 16:23
Hello im new here, just found this site and thought id post to see if I can get support and offer some to others.

I am 27, married with 3 children all under 5 yrs, my youngest is 10 months old this week. I suffered from anxiety after the birth of my 2nd son 2 yrs ago, I felt awful and worried every single day I had a brain tumour, cancer, etc............. had bloods tests etc... all proved I was fine. I was then prescribed an anti d called Dothiepin, was on it almost 2 yrs but recently have been put on lofepramine. I have found no anti d helps anxiety so ive been reducing and now come off them. I feel ok but im abit anxious again about my health maybe because ive withdrawal effects such as extreme tiredness & headaches so of course im thinking ive cancer esp as I find it hard to gain weight, im not losing weight but struggle to gain aswell so im putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 96!!![:P] I always worry when im feeling exhausted but I guess its possibly a withdrawal effect.

Anyone any advice on how to cope with health anxiety without medication? i am so glad im off them, I feel fine other than this little blip im having.

Thanks

Jem

manmoor
17-07-06, 16:50
Hi Jem,

I also suffer with health anxiety and can sympathise with you. Any ache or pain and away we go diagnosing ourselves with all the worst possible illnesses. Here you will get lots of advice from fellow sufferers and realise you are not alonex

Take Care

Mandy
xxx

Two heads
17-07-06, 18:17
Hi jem!
I to suffer health anxiety and i no it really can get to you after awhile.I also have anxiety following the brith of my second child last year.I think its our hormones that become messed up causeing anxiety,so does my doc.
Maybe try yoga as doc said that should help!
Lots of walks i find help me.
You are brave to come off meds,im on ciatalopram!Only started it in march,dont no if i have done the right thing!xxx

emma chant
17-07-06, 19:09
Jem welcome to nmp.
xxx

e chant

Jem27
17-07-06, 19:34
Thank you all, its nice to know im not alone. I am feeling ok coming off them but I am abit anxious about every ache & pain again but not to the extent I was 2 years ago. Very worried about my tiredness even though Dr always tells me its because im a young mum with 3 children all under 5 yrs old, why don't I believe thats the cause?

scoobygirl2005
18-07-06, 13:09
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

jackie
18-07-06, 14:19
hiya jem

only advice i have is keep talking through your feelings if only to us

also i have started herbal remedies prescribed by jan de vries , have you ever tried these remedies?

i dont know how to cure this horrible thing but to not be afraid would be lovely

also have you ever read claire weekes book " self help for your nerves"

glad you found the site

jackie

polly daydream
18-07-06, 18:13
Hi Jem and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

Jem27
18-07-06, 19:17
Thanks again, your all so lovely.

Jackie no ive not heard of them, could you let me know more about the remedy?

Thanks
Jem

pinkpenny1uk
18-07-06, 23:01
hi jem,
welcome. i'm also a sufferer of health anxiety .
the people on hear r fantastic in offering help and advice.

i wish u all the best
pp