PDA

View Full Version : Gasping for air!

kimkitson77
08-07-12, 21:01
Hi does anybody else ever get the feeling like they have forgot to breath or missed a breath??
I can be just sitting down and i feel like i need to keep taking deep breaths or keep yawning and then throughout the day i get a feeling now and that feels like i missed a breath and it causes butterflies in my stomach!

I dont no if it is a breathing problem or related to my heart palpitations!!
It happens while im trying to sleep/asleep and when i wake up!! In fact i sometimes dream that i cant breath properly and wake up gasping for air!! Anybody get anything similar??
Kim, 25 years old!!

sammie23
08-07-12, 21:26
Hi Kim. Im going through breathing difficulties at the minute. Well for the past 3 days. I seem to be aware of my breathing all the time which is causing me to hyperventilate it's flipping horrible which is driving me to a panic attack. I'll be sat there then all of a sudden it starts for NO reason.. All of a sudden ill feel dizzy n start breathing funny :-(

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

I'm 26 by the way with 2 very beautiful kids :-( I shouldn't be going through this :-( 6 years iv had it x

kimkitson77
08-07-12, 21:41
Yeh i no what you mean its like im hyperventilating in my sleep!!
I have told my doctor about this but he ses its the anxiety and to try and realx!! I just dont understand how someone is supposed to relax when they feel like they cant breath or feel like there heart is beating funny!!
I take medication but have been on it that long i dont think it has much effect anymore!!
Do you take medication?
And i take my hat of to you i wouldnt be able to cope if i had kids!! I cant even look after myself at the minute its so depressing!!

sammie23
08-07-12, 21:57
I'm on meds yes. 30 mg citalopram and 40mg propranolol. Wot meds u on? X

kimkitson77
08-07-12, 22:17
20mg citalopram and 20mg of propranololi cant take to many propies as they make me very lightheaded what about you?? x

sammie23
08-07-12, 23:18
No dont think so hun. I do have lightheadedness maybe it's my propranolol. Have u consider upping the citalopram? Mine was upped to 30 last week but I'm not feeling any better as of yet :-( x