PDA

View Full Version : Need advice, throat concerns, latest worry!!

Peterbelfast
09-07-12, 13:51
Hi,
Recently I have started poking and prodding under my chin thinking I had a swollen lymph node which is my latest HA worry :mad:

Now my throat feels very tight, there is no pain and my throat doesnt look swollen, but feels swollen. I have no probs swallowing etc. I keep looking at myself in the mirror, constantly swallowing and keep thinking all of the section between my chin & adams apples bulges as I swallow. I have never did this before, so I don't know if its always been this way!!! Or am I seeing things exaggerated?? :shrug:

Has anyone every experienced this feeling? How long can it last if it is a symptom of HA? I always have a swollen feeling around the jaw line near the ears, can TMJ caused by HA cause this to happen?

Please comment if anyone has had this as it is doing my head, and neck/throat in :whistles:

Thanks!!

sammie23
09-07-12, 18:10
Hi. I had this for years :-( Look at my old posts from years ago :-( I was so obsessed with my throat I used to click my throat side to side and constantly prod my throat area which left me with a sore throat for about a year. I dont really no how it went, it just did :-( x

AmyBun
10-07-12, 00:57
hello, what your explaining is 100% relatable to me. i always get the weirdest sensations in my throat..the lumps..the tightness the feeling swollen but then i look in the mirror and its normal...i get these so often that when they come i don't even bother with them, i ignore them and pretend i don't feel anything and it goes away. one time when i was about to go for a run i felt the lump just pop out of no where it made me so frustrated but i decided to just run anyway and half way during the run i didn't even notice it and it was gone.. it came back yesterday and i ignored it and i haven't had it yet. i guess i grew a tolerance to it. But hot tea and honey helps (:

Sazziesaz
12-07-12, 14:35
Hi, I am having the exact same experiences! I had the same about 4 months ago and wrote on here alot, and the I went on to something else! Now the throat thing is back again and I have really been prodding and now it feels as if someone is strangling me! It is horrid and really scares me, but reading your post has made me realise, maybe I should stop prodding!! I hate this HA!!!

jojo69
14-07-12, 22:07
hi, Im having the exact same happening to me now its the weirdest feeling ive had HA forever and this is new to me never had it before but its nice to know that im not the only one if that makes any sense
we will just have to sit tight and wait for it to go, hopefully wont be long xx
jojo x