PDA

View Full Version : Indigestion?

Ventussi
09-07-12, 19:54
On Sunday, one week ago, I felt not so good, i mean my abdominal burning, acid belching, feeling like a baloon in my stomach. I hoped it would go away in a few days, but today is the 9th day of it and it doesn't want to go. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning, but the worst thing is that my health anxiety has turned on and tells me that it has to be appendicitis, cancer and other crap. I can't tune my mind to anything else, i'm still thinking about it and it just can't let me go :( I feel so nervous about what the doctor will say and so on and so forth.

On march, I couldn't treat my throat infection well. It would come back 3 times, I was really tired, my legs were aching and guess what - I thought I had leukemia... (thank you, Dr Google). I took some blood tests and it came out it was only my imagination, since the blood results were perfect. You can't imagine how i felt when I was waiting for those results - I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't think about anything else. Only my blood tests... :( I felt like a tank run after me. After all those tests suddenly my organism treated itself and everything went away...

It's really bad, when something is going wrong with my body, really, really bad for my mind :(

m.elise
09-07-12, 21:26
Hi Ventussi. I have really bad acid reflux/indigestion problems. They get really aggravated when I'm upset/depression/anxious. It's good that you're seeing your doc to get things figured out. I know it's hard, but try not to let your mind wander and think on those bad things. You'll get it all figured out and you'll feel better. Keep us posted. :)

Ventussi
10-07-12, 09:31
So, I've been to the doctor and she said it's gastroesophageal reflux. She prescribed me Controloc 20 (2 times a day, Pantoprazole), Gastrotuss (a syrup for such a disease, 2 times a day), Tribux (100 mg, 2 times a day, for my too active intestines) and probiotics.

I asked about a gastroscopy but she said it's not necessary yet, I'm too young (23 years old), it's too early (10th day of this problem) and it doesn't seem to be so serious that it requires a gastroscopy.

I have to watch what I eat, only boiled things, not the ones that can produce gas, etc. Ok, so I'll see how will all those drugs work.

Forever1803
10-07-12, 09:52
Hi Ventussi, glad to hear your feeling better after the trip to the docs. I also have gastroesophagal reflux and have done for 6 years. Sometimes it flares up and I have to adjust my diet for a few days, cut out fatty foods, fizzy drinks etc. White bread always makes my stomach worse as does some spicy foods. I take omeprazole and it's fantastic. You will feel much better when the tablets take effect. I had a gastroscopy which itself was rather unpleasant and it just confirmed the docs original diagnosis. xx:hugs:

yogiblonde
10-07-12, 10:39
Hi

I also have very back acid reflux due to stress and anxiety too. The problem is it gets worse the more anxious I get and the acid reflux causes me to get anxious (health anxiety kicking in)....its a never ending circle at the moment so I really do understand.

Yogiblonde x

Ventussi
11-07-12, 11:51
Suddenly, me legs are pretty weak today. My mom told me to help her bring the shopping bags upstairs and during that, i felt that my legs are kind of weak. I did 10 squats just to make sure and yep, it was hard and my leg muscles protested.

Last night I slept only for about 4 hours, because all the time I was thinking about my stomach problems and just couldn't sleep well enough, so today i'm a bit sleepy. Also my lower back hurts a bit. Could all this be connected to anxiety? Could it be dangerous?

m.elise
11-07-12, 16:33
Anxiety comes in all different shapes and forms. I was convinced I had mono (again) when I finally went to the doctor and the blood tests came back negative and he told me everything I was experiencing (flu-like symptoms including muscle soreness) was from anxiety. Do keep an eye on it, though. If it persists and you still don't feel well go ahead and get it checked out.

And lack of sleep definitely doesn't help things. Take it easy and try to take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon.