PDA

View Full Version : Really scared "lump" close to spine

johansaken
09-07-12, 20:38
So I was out running earlier, 11 km. I just got back to running last week. after having a long break. So this evening when I sat down in the couch it felt wierd in my back
like pulsating. So I touched the spot where it was and I felt like a lump. And it has freaked me out. Im really scared at the moment. Could this be related to the running? Thanks in advance. Really scared that its something worse. Thanks in advance. All the best. Johan

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Anyone. Please. Sorry if im nagging. Just in panicmode. Im sorry

Worrier12
09-07-12, 20:50
It's most likely related to the running. It sounds like something herniated. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but I would see the GP just to confirm and give the extra reassurance, as they can sort it for you and give advice on whether you should lay of the running for a while. Do you do weights at all?

johansaken
09-07-12, 20:52
No no weights. Just running.

Worrier12
09-07-12, 21:11
If the lump is in the lower spine, and was definitely not there prior to the running I would say you can be reasonably confident it was associated with the running and is probably something herniated. (I say 'something' as I am not a doctor). My mother gets hernias a lot due to several operations and weak tissue, they are not life threatening or too serious, but do need attention. They can heal over time, but would recommend seeing a doctor.

I wouldn't worry though (trust me I know it's not as simple as that if your a health anxiety sufferer, at the moment I'm currently paranoid I have a brain tumour or am going blind - hence my recent post).

johansaken
09-07-12, 21:22
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. And no. It aint easy being a healthanxiety sufferer. Its hell. I can relate to what you are goin through aswell.