PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety - MS

nathan1010
09-07-12, 22:27
Hi First Post:

Ill cut straight to the point. Fora few months i had a chronic headache, twitches in my legs and arms, chest/heart palps, fatigue.

I was terrified about having a brain tumour, for weeks ive been walking around consumed by this fear.

However of late my headache has eased, i started taking magnesium and vitamin b 1 and b6 and it has really helped.

However now i am experiencing real tiredness in my hands, a loss of some dexterity. It can be uncomfortable when i hold a knife and fork, my mobile phone. I a trying to tell myself its not MS yet i cant shake the feeling.

My docs seemed to be getting annoyed with me, they tell me its anxiety but i now certain its MS. He has booked me an appointment with neuro but that is not until September!

Type loss of dexterity into google etc and thats all it keeps telling me, in fact i think i have every symptom. Loss of dexterity and hand/arm weakness isnt a symptom of anxiety. My wrists seem to have visibly thinned.

IM SO SCARED

nomorepanic
09-07-12, 22:34
I have read loads of posts like yours on here and not one has been diagnosed as MS so please take some reassurance from that.

Of course we can't say No you definitely do not have it but your symptoms are also common with other members on here and as I said no diagnosis of MS has ever been given to those members.

nathan1010
09-07-12, 23:21
Thanks for getting back to me Nicola. Unfortunately i just cant accept it.

My girlfriend is 4 months pregnant and i know its causing her to stress, so yet again ive come to the spare room to let he get a good nights sleep. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!

My hands are now pretty numb, but ive got a'tickling' sensation in the hands nearer to my wrist. My vision seems shaky, skin really tight, neck pain. i just know its MS

nomorepanic
09-07-12, 23:28
You can't know it is MS but because you have spent a long time looking up the symptoms you are now convinced it is.

That sounds a lot like carpal tunnel syndrome to me.

nathan1010
10-07-12, 00:13
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is hardly brill is it! Ha!

Thanks for responding.

Ive just done the Romberg test. Stood for 1 min with feet together eyes open with no probs. Shut my eyes and stayed upright although did feel like i had to make an effort to keep total balance.

So no idea what to take from that?! Although i did notice that whilst i was doing all that my mind was taken off my hands etc and they gave me no problems. Pains back now though!

nomorepanic
10-07-12, 00:44
I have CTS in both hands. It is treatable.

It is hard to keep your balance with your eyes shut though.

Ahh see so the symptoms are not constant lol

I think you have to believe you don't have it and wait for the appointment to reassure you

jayred
10-07-12, 09:43
Nathan welcome to my world you have alot of similarities to me with your issues but like you when my mind is taken away then they for that moment vanish the twitches the shakeyness, the eye.

I think best thing for you to do is see the Neuro and just believe in what they tell you. Your anxiety needs to be dealt with before anything can progress.

David.B
28-02-14, 21:29
Thanks for getting back to me Nicola. Unfortunately i just cant accept it.

My girlfriend is 4 months pregnant and i know its causing her to stress, so yet again ive come to the spare room to let he get a good nights sleep. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!

My hands are now pretty numb, but ive got a'tickling' sensation in the hands nearer to my wrist. My vision seems shaky, skin really tight, neck pain. i just know its MS

You and I are in the same boat. Although I have had some physical stuff happen. We had 3 different molds which produce toxins in our home. I've been sick for months. Sudden food allergies, panic attacks... (bunch of symptoms)

As well I just had my 1st child. I also got married 10 months before the baby. Lots of stress involved with these things ;)

I too feel the same way about my hands. I also get dizzy, kinda weak feeling. And for me it does come and go; although it mostly seems to come. I have searched MS symptoms many times. I have also taken every online test there is to see if I have it.

This post is old, have you had any more symptoms?

By now the baby has been born and you may have become more comfortable with the situation I would think.