PDA

View Full Version : dizziness

laura442
10-07-12, 13:59
Hi all,

Just wanted to check this dizziness is normal ? Im only on 5mg but ive had constant dizziness for the last half hour and the room keeps spinning. Trying soooooo hard not to panic just crying, hope someone can answer me please.
Laura xxx

plotlost
10-07-12, 15:13
Yes, I have been dizzy today more than yesterday (20mg), I think our bodies need to adjust so dont panic, It must be normal if it happens to most people.

i am quite relaxed about taking the Cita now, where at 1st i was nervous, but having considered my options, anything is better than doing nothing and getting worse.

We are taking these meds, to try and change our lives for the better and to get back to normal so they have got to be worth feeling sick, dizzy, agitation, panic etc if in the long run, we get better.

Stick with it and dont over think things. Relax.

laura442
10-07-12, 15:49
Thanks plot you have really helped me. Pretty scary the dizziness but helps me to know other people are getting it (not in a horrible way) Im playing the games on here a lot they are really helping me. Just gotta ride it I guess.
Thanks for replying again you have put my mind a bit more at rest. Hope you are feeling not too bad x

m.elise
10-07-12, 16:05
Hey laura hang in there. Dizziness definitely happens when taking meds. I always kinda mentally picture a levels gauge being adjusted in my head when that happens and it makes me feel better. Weird, I know, but that's basically what's happening, right? ;) Hope you're feeling better and keep sharing. :)

laura442
10-07-12, 17:29
Thank you so much M, that is a great was of thinking about it. Just a strange feeling as never had it before x

plotlost
12-07-12, 00:53
day 4, felt dizzy and very tired all day today with my legs feeling weak, and I cant sleep. Ive not slept hardly at all since starting but I can live with thisas its much better than the alternative :)

dexrated
13-07-12, 02:13
sound like side effect of this drug they can last about 3/4 (dont let this put u off)weeks and do clear up, i asked my doctor for Quinn as i kept being woken up in the middle of the night with severe cramp in my legs i had to massage them loads. this helped a bit, but i guess it is different for every 1

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

also ask for a couple of sleeping pills they wont give them to you all the time but helps when u first start.

plotlost
13-07-12, 02:29
sound like side effect of this drug they can last about 3/4 (dont let this put u off)weeks and do clear up, i asked my doctor for Quinn as i kept being woken up in the middle of the night with severe cramp in my legs i had to massage them loads. this helped a bit, but i guess it is different for every 1

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

also ask for a couple of sleeping pills they wont give them to you all the time but helps when u first start.

Cheers Dex,

As you can see, still no sleep but the side effects have been pretty minimal for me so far. Just little niggles but nothing bad so far (touch wood).

Ive got diazepan if I need it but im trying to keep it just for hard days.

dexrated
13-07-12, 04:51
sounds like you have it covered. Good luck :)

Londongirl29
13-07-12, 23:01
Hi Laura 442, how are you feeling now on the citalopram? I was on 20mg and felt like I had been hit by a truck! Tiredness, dizziness, constant yawning! Im on 40mg now and all the side effects have gone.

Hope your well :)

laura442
14-07-12, 10:01
Hi london,

I am on day 6 of half a tablet now. Not getting dizziness as bad but feeling a bit sick and generally like crap. Not sleeping too great either. Just scared to go up to a whole tablet x Great news that you are feeling better. How long was you on 20mg for ? xxx

Londongirl29
14-07-12, 18:18
Hi Laura, I was on 20mg for the first time for about 8 months and it made me ill, palpitations, sweating (really attractive), stomach problems and it was awful. This time round I was only on 20 for about four weeks before they increased my dose, the 20 totally 'zombied' me but the 40 is perfect. Im glad your dizziness is lessening. The nausea will go to but it takes a while. The problem with cit is that it also tends to increase your anxiety for the few weeks before your systen settles down, but you will get there. I wish you well, when it feels right then go up to a whole tablet. Don't be scared, the side effects aren't great but if you can ride them out the tablets can really help. Hope you feel better soon xx

laura442
14-07-12, 18:47
Thank you so much london I will keep you posted. So good that you are feeling better now, wonderful for you xxx