PDA

View Full Version : Oral cancer?

Hypo
10-07-12, 18:05
Hi guys.

A few months ago I had two red dots (spots) in my inside of my mouth, back of the mouth. I showed my husband and he said he thought it is where I may have bit the side of my mouth as I had two dots one below the other like where my teeth could have nipped the skin.

I stopped worrying and moved onto something else.

I just looked at my mouth and I still have them! I'm not sure if they are the same dots that didn't go away or if they are new.

It looks like someone has poked me with a pen.. a perfect round dark spot. No bigger than the end of a pen. Two of them.

It is not a white patch or an ulcer.

I have a dentist appointment on the 2nd August but now I'm scared its cancer.

theharvestmouse
10-07-12, 18:10
Go to see your GP, you need to get it checked out.

Hypo
10-07-12, 18:28
darn :(

They are so tiny. I was hoping someone would tell me its because I bit my cheek.

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

I can't get to see my GP until next week.

nomorepanic
10-07-12, 18:46
It could be that you bit your cheek but we can't see them so hard to even guess what they are really

Hypo
10-07-12, 20:07
ok. It's like a red pin prick.

I guess it will have to wait until next week.

shelgalou
10-07-12, 22:04
Are they on both sides near your back teeth ? I bite my cheeks a lot by qccident and these can leave blood blister type spots . But if the marks are on both sides I really wouldn't worry x

imissnotworrying
10-07-12, 22:55
little pinprick red dots are where blood has leaked out of a vessel due to injury, sometimes they don't go away, i get them on my skin now and again and some have stayed with me, the two red dots from where my wisdom tooth hurt my cheek ages ago are still there in my mouth and it's been months, so while some do vanish i don't tend to worry if they don't all do that as i've had ones remain under my skin (like on my arm) for years without any ill effects, if you're worried though do see your gp xxx

Hypo
10-07-12, 23:10
Are they on both sides near your back teeth ? I bite my cheeks a lot by qccident and these can leave blood blister type spots . But if the marks are on both sides I really wouldn't worry x

Just my right side, but yes right near the back teeth.

I feel a bit calmer now so thank you. They are very small, only noticeable to people like me who check themselves throughly lol

Thank you imiiss.... I have a GP appointment on tuesday for a check up on my anxiety so I will mention it then.

Thanks again.

Hypo
11-07-12, 17:50
Well you guys were right.

I woke up and they were gone!

can't believe I spent all day in a mess now lol