PDA

View Full Version : Propranadol

Paul7
10-07-12, 19:49
Anyone got Any experience of propranadol. I have been on it a week and feel spaced out all the time but it has controlled my anxiety slightly in terms of physical symptoms but really do feel fled drugged up. I am on 40mg twice a day but only take one a day 2 was giving me nightmares and sleep problems. I am taking the tabs for GAD but feel like coming off them but fearfull symptoms might become worse. I have had GAD for 14 years on and off but servere at the moment.

Jon1979
10-07-12, 22:38
I've been taking it for 4 weeks now, I felt the same for the 3/4 days, then I was fine, it has really helped me with the physical symptoms. The side effects that I had were far less bothersome than the anxiety symptoms. I'd say to you try and stick it out for a bit longer If you can and see how you go on and if your still not happy go back speak to your GP.

I've been taking Citalopram for two weeks now as well and the propanolol has helped take the edge off the side effects of that.

Jon :)

Nathan246
11-07-12, 01:20
Hi iv been taking propranolol 40mg once a day for 7 weeks now. The 1st week or so was a bit scary but it seems to be helping me stay calm now. My doctor told me 1 tablet a day is a low dose and that bad side effects are rare. If you can manage it, wait a few weeks an then see the doctor again.

ghosthorse
14-07-12, 13:06
Hi :)

I've been taking 40mg of Propranolol twice a day, sometimes three times in extreme bouts and it seems to really take the edge off the physical side of anxiety for me.

I'm only into my third week so i'm still getting used to it myself. Like you, I am not especially happy with being so spaced out all the time and i'm not as good at my job lately. I'm hoping that i'll get used to it. My GP did warn me about the sleep and nightmare effects but it seems to have calmed down this week.

My advice would be to stick with it, the bloke in the pharmacy told me a lot of people get put off in the first couple of weeks and that I should persevere.

Thinkingimmad85
18-07-12, 02:14
I take 40mg twice a day and like ghosthorse at times 40mg 3 times a day when things have been really really bad. I felt spaced out and tired for the first 3 weeks but a year or so down the line I don't feel those side effects anymore. Propranolol has been a life saver to me as it does help keep my panics kind of under control and my heart rate down (something I obsess over). Good luck