PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like giving up

Elle-Kay
11-07-12, 18:26
I'm starting to feel like giving up on this whole 'recovery' thing and just living peacefully in the knowledge that there are just some things that I can't do. Does anyone else get like that?

I've had to give up work (not due to panic actually, due to the workplace, but still...), my husband isn't working so we have no income for the forseeable future, I turned down an interview today for a short-term job because the dates clashed with my holiday and so probably won't be offered any other work with that company, I'm having to go through a formal grievance process with my ex-employer because of unfair treatment..... I just don't have the energy, or the inclination to have to battle with myself to overcome panic at the same time! :weep:

I'm sorry for the self-indulgent post, but I really do feel like throwing my hands up and giving in tonight :(

BobbyDog
11-07-12, 19:15
I am also having one of those days, so you are not alone!!!!
I thought I was making progress and I feel that I am back to square one again.

Hey Ho, tomorrow is another day............

SLjimbo
11-07-12, 19:17
Just hang in there! :hugs:

Why not focus on the positives instead of the negatives? Think of the good things you've accomplished so far and that it's not the end of the world. Get out of that "stinking thinking" and learn to take it easy and do things one step at a time.

I get good days and bad days too, but I try not to dwell on them and just move forward.

Tyler1994
12-07-12, 06:12
I always feel like giving up too... Fortunately today wasn't one of those days; "the benefit days" as I like to call them don't come around often. But when they do, boy do I ever full of amazing emotions.

Today isn't one of those days for you, tomorrow, or next week may not be either. But trust me, you WILL have a day like I am having today, and you will feel AMAZING (its ALL worth it. Every single blood, sweat and tear).

But only if you keep trying of course! :hugs:

meche
12-07-12, 11:42
Yep - I know those days. Yesterday was a great day... today not so good. I'm struggling at work today and just want to go home, put my PJ's on and chill out. Usually if I'm feeling crap I force myself to go walking/running or just do anything that doesn't involve lying around. It's tough today - feel so tired and run down so might have to give in to the 'chill out' temptation. That's ok though. Don't beat yourself up. Give in for 1 night and pick yourself up tomorrow and start again. I've been there numerous times! xx

Meltdown
13-07-12, 19:24
Yes, I feel like giving in, and accepting that this is how life is going to be, from now on...sorry, very negative, I know, but been struggling lately with PAs and incessant ectopics, and yes it is getting me down!

Probably even more so, because I was making spectacular progress a couple of months ago, and was beginning to think might be able to shake this thing off permanently, and do all the things "normal" people do!

I guess the reality is that this period is just part of the cycle, a blip if you like, and that things will eventually get better!