PDA

View Full Version : Borderline changes !!!

ell1877
12-07-12, 13:19
Well I received a letter today saying that the result of my recent smear test has shown a borderline result which means a changes in the cells of my cervix they don't want to test again for 3 years well my head is in a right mess anyone else had this???

turnthelighton
12-07-12, 13:23
Yes I this, and have to go every six months. It is very common, try not to worry.

Hypo
12-07-12, 13:30
Oh this is fine, please do NOT panic.

Seriously, apart from normal, borderline is the best result you can hope for, believe it or not.

You are fine but call your nurse if you want to have a chat with someone.

Three years ago I had mild changes and a biopsy and then I went back to three years. My last smear was normal.

For borderline results they do leave you for three years.

Seriously, they know there stuff and if it was concerning they would have you in.

ell1877
12-07-12, 14:08
Thanku so much I can't tell u how much that helps x

swgrl09
12-07-12, 14:21
I read somewhere (wish I had the link) that almost all women get changes at some point in their lives and most of the time it just resolves before their next smear. It's just something that happens that gets monitored, but will probably go away.

ell1877
12-07-12, 14:48
I lost my friend to cervical cancer at the age of 35 n it's scares me as she had a really nasty cancer that took hold really quick

emmawalton
13-07-12, 16:11
i had border line on my smear and then had a retest which was also borderline and then on the third was normal but need to have another in 6 months time, it is nothing to worry about.

Helen1985
13-07-12, 19:57
I was exactly the same as u a couple of months back!! Had borderline, cryed nearly all day!!! then i spoke to ppl and realised how commen this is!! honestly please try not to worry im sure u will be fine, my retest came back normal! you will be fine xxx