PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms anxiety??

bashley
12-07-12, 13:37
I'm in a right state I'm having counselling every 3wks but I still have not felt any better my anti depressants have not helped so I'm at a loss. I have been feeling mentally and physically drained. I keep getting ear pounding it's worse when I go upstairs or when I lay down I have also noticed it when I have a BM . My neck really hurts my ears also pop and I hear a cracking noise. I have pounding heart/palps headaches shooting pains all over my doctor checked my blood pressure said its fine and checked my ears and said there is no infection she Said its all to do with my depression and anxiety does anyone have these symptoms as I feel so alone. I'm really struggling I just want to be normal. I know I shouldn't but I always search on google and nasty things come up and as soon as I see them I'm obsessed that I have this. I drive my family mad and I don't mean to but I can't help it. Please help :huh:

southey
12-07-12, 15:36
Your last paragraphs sums up a big part of your problems. There can be no if's or but's, you must refrain from the online health researching.

How long have you been on the anti-depressants and what are you taking?

Steve.

bashley
13-07-12, 09:48
Hi Steve, I'm on 20mg citroplan I keep waiting to feel amazing but still just keep crying and have all the above symptoms.

southey
13-07-12, 11:36
From reading your other posts it seems like you have been on Citalopram for about 6 weeks is that right?

You should be getting some relief by now but then again you may be one of the people who it takes a bit longer to feel the affects? Also a dose increase might be in order or a swap to another drug if things don't improve?

I know people on here have said the Cit' helped with depression but not anxiety and also the opposite so we are all different.

Your symptoms sound non-specific meaning they are probably related to anxiety which is very efficient at messing us up. As you have been checked out by the Doc' and found OK that should be a comfort?

Try to stay busy and occupy your mind with anything other than worrying. It's hard at first but as with anything gets easier with practice. Never look up anything to do with health on the computer and leave diagnosis to the trained Doctor if needed.

You can get over this but sometimes you need to give it time. A combination of Citalopram and positive thinking have always brought me out of a rough patch and it can for you too.

Steve.