PDA

View Full Version : High Histamine in Blood? over 1300!!

Shad0w
12-07-12, 15:05
Hi there,

I have some questions that's been worrying me a lot lately. It would be great if someone can help me understand things..

So my family took me to a naturopath, mostly for my depression, insomina, massive mood swings. I also recently got diagnosed with Asperger's Disorder, O.C.D and sensory integration disorder. The same shrink who diagnosed me recommended the naturopath as well. Anyway, the naturopath ordered blood tests to check various things like thyroid, histadelia, pyroluria and some other stuff. All these things were new to me. Anyway results came and my histamine levels are 1350 and doc said normal levels are below 70. She prescribed 2 calcium pills 3 times a day for the high histamine. I'm also told to take a large number of vitamin pills.

Anyone familiar with high histamine levels? Is calcium alone enough to bring down the levels?

What is the connection between histamine and testosterone?

Thank you

swgrl09
12-07-12, 16:27
I'm not a doctor, so can't really analyze blood results, but I always thought that histamine was related to an allergy. Do you have allergies? Maybe have a second opinion on the blood work? Your doctor could be right, I don't know, but wouldn't hurt.