PDA

View Full Version : i know exercise is godd but...

lucy_21
12-07-12, 15:40
i know exercise is healthy but think i am getting a bit obsssed. on days when im not doing any exercise i feel sooooooooooo bad and find it hard to eat as much and as well as i would on days when i do exercise.
what is a healthy amount and type??
my symptoms are getting no better :-(

southey
12-07-12, 15:48
I try to do an hour each of cardio and resistance training when I'm at the gym. I aim for 4 sessions a week.

Steve.

mrmj
13-07-12, 12:50
Do you suffer OCD at all Lucy? To be honest the reccommendations to everyone is 30 minutes a day, but that can include a brisk walk. Why not just make it an aim to walk a little faster and further than usual on your non exercise days and that might make you feel a little better? I read somewhere else that up to half an hour to 45 minutes running can release chemicals that make you feel good, but further, and you can release chemicals that make you feel bad. That seems to be a good indicator of how much to do!

meche
13-07-12, 13:27
30 mins a day is the daily recommended amount. I walk 2 miles to work everyday and home again. If I can, I walk at weekends too. Earlier this year I was doing aerobics 3 times a week and yoga once but since I've had anxiety issues I've struggled to motivate myself. I really want to get back into it because although walking is good I don't feel it's enough. I've got lazy and put on a bit of weight because of it :blush:. This alone makes me feel anxious because I've never been overweight. I absolutely love my food and I need high impact exercise to counterbalance what I'm eating! xx