PDA

View Full Version : food intollerance please help

anxietyoverload
12-07-12, 18:14
I got a food intolerance test and did it at home and the results came back that I do have an intolerance, but It's 300 quid to find out and I can't afford it!! Do I need to be worried about this? I get stomach aches quite a bit but nothing major! I'm so worried now :( please help

countrygirl
12-07-12, 18:42
Nearly everyone will test positive for a food intolerance in those tests but it does not need to mean anything.
I paid the full price a few years ago and had the big test of everything you can possibly eat and it came back with coconut and something else that I never ever eat as I don't like either. I then retested 5 years later and it showed only millet ( I thought only budgies ate this!).
What it didn't show but I found out with medical test is that I am lactose intolerant, both times the intolerance test did not pick this up yet they say it will???
Slapped hand for doing the cheap test knowing you could not afford the full test as this is just fuelling your anxiety but I am sure you know this anyway.
An intolerance is not an allergy and you can easily find out what you might be intolerant to by say avoiding dairy for 4 weeks and see if your stomach troubles clear up if not then its not lactose or wheat for 4 weeks and see if it helps. Much cheaper!

anxietyoverload
12-07-12, 18:59
Aw thank you for your comment! I didn't buy the test my dad ordered it cause he thought I had a LOT of stomach upsets! But they are bearable.plus they said It's slight so It's probably nothing. I suffered with these stomach upsets though since I had a cut in my stomach and acid reflux so It's more than likely that xx