PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used 5 HTP??

rob22
12-07-12, 20:01
Came across this supplement the other day and it apparently increases levels of serotonin in the brain. Has anyone tried this and found it to be effective in reducing anxiety?

Rob

nomorepanic
12-07-12, 20:28
Try these Rob:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/search.php?searchid=4364561

plotlost
15-07-12, 22:37
Came across this supplement the other day and it apparently increases levels of serotonin in the brain. Has anyone tried this and found it to be effective in reducing anxiety?

Rob

i used them lots over the past year or so, not sure if they did me any favours in the long run and cost a packet too from Holland and Barret. You cannot use them if your on anti depressants either.

Worth a try, but they are not the miracle I was hoping for

JonoClouds
16-07-12, 18:38
To Rob22
Yes, I tried these for a month. Product was obtained from Higher Nature, and it was "reassuringly expensive".
It made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Personally, I would not waste money on herbals like this. If you already eat a reasonably good diet then you won't be short of anything that's needed to make 5HTP or anything else in your body/brain for that matter.
(Of course this may not apply to people with serious digestive or other organ problems).

Cheers - Jono.

PanchoGoz
16-07-12, 19:11
Best thing to do if you don't want to waste your money on lots of supplements that won't help you in the long run, have proper therapy or proper medication, or both. These are far more worth your time.