PDA

View Full Version : Fluttering heart beat

countrygirl
12-07-12, 20:13
I have had ectopic heartbeats for over 30 years and until 2 years ago they would be almost constant as in every 3rd beat or every 5th beat. I would have months at a time where they went away but after many 24 hr ecg's showing them and being told they were harmless I learnt to live with them.

ABout 3 years ago I noticed that after some ectopics I would feel a huge pressure in my head and my heart would pound fast for a few beats afterwards but Dr was not concerned.

I then had nearly a year barely noticing them and hoped they ahd finally gone away, silly me!

I then had what felt like wild fluttering in my chest one day, it was about 20 mins after i had eaten and was leaning forward over a table. It lasted about 5 seconds and I really felt very faint, scared the xxx out of me. AFfter having a few of these attacks over the following weeks and even one visit to A&E where of course my heartbeat was normal if fast I had another 24 hr ecg which showed multiple ectopics ( 5 in a row) although I did not have one of my really bad attacks while on the 24 hr ecg.

I saw cardiologist who gave me a 3 week event moniter but of course I did not have one of the fainty attacks during that time. AFter the monitor had gone back but before I saw cardio again I had another attack and managed to feel my pulse and it felt very fluttery all over the place.

I told this to cardo who was very unconcerned and said he thought I was getting multiple ectopics and these would make me feel faint although he thought I would not faint.

For past year I have not had any prolonged flutters but they have started again.

I am worried that if the flutter does not stop I will faint although it hasn't happened up to now and also wondering if I am getting sudden attacks of atrial fibrillation but because they are usually far and apart they are not being captured on monitering??

Does anyone else get this erratic flutter that makes them feel as if they will faint??