PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever beat breathing anxiety?

Rach29
12-07-12, 20:16
Hi wonderin if anyone has ever beat evil scary breathing anxiety I can't remember lastime I had a day when I didn't think of breathing I'm sick of it I'm so aware of it sometimes I feel as if I'm gonna stop breathing and die when deep down I know that's not gonna happen coz I'm healthy apart from anxiety about my breathing I can cope with other symptoms much better than this one I can't seem to shift it it always gets worse in the evening I'm so sick of it so any helpful tips I'd be grateful : )

sammie23
12-07-12, 21:54
Rach this is my main thing I suffer wiv in anxciety it's horrible. It's like I'm aware of every breath I take which then makes me going all dizzy n I feel like I'm going to pass out :-( Is that what u get? X

BobbyDog
12-07-12, 21:59
I get this every day aswell, the only thing that helps is keeping busy. When it gets bad I usually go out for a walk with my dogs, by the time I get back I have calmed down a little.

susan1963
12-07-12, 22:56
hi when i first developed anxiety the breathing was my main concern, i was always calling the doc, it used to feel like i had to force myself to breathe and it was always on my mind i was always scared that i was going to stop breathing ect which caused me to panic now i realise it was vicous cicle i was always doing things to take my mind off it..it was hard to do but i achived it in the end i dont get hyperventilation anymore and realise it was just a feeling although it was physical and scary you will get through it in the end i used to breathe in and out of a paper bag when my breathing was irregular that worked for me aswell hope you find peace from it soon :)

ell1877
13-07-12, 09:11
I suffered really bad with this and I was told to go home and stop breathing I was horrified and then my doctor said your body is so powerful u cannot stop it from breathing you are making yourself aware of something that has always happened and u cause yourself to become stressed about it which give u awful symptoms and they are horrible but harmless so if as soon as you start getting these feelings it's only you that's doing it start to think of something else it will take time but u have to re train your thinking and understand it's just a feeling that we cause outselve and nothing will happen

Be strong you WILL get there xx

Rach29
13-07-12, 10:06
Thanks everyone it is such a horrible feeling as soon as I'm aware of it I feel like I need to take deep breaths and force my breathing which makes it worse then I end up lightheaded or feel as if I'm not really here its horrible ill try some of these things hopefully they will work : )