PDA

View Full Version : It is all a spiritual process.

mark--
12-07-12, 22:28
In my own experience, anxiety, panic and fears are all brought up from within
my own being as a way of purging my emotional body. If your body has toxins
you get spots, If you eat something bad you are made to vomit. If you harbor
negative emotions or fears or traumas this will need to be purged and
suppression causes pain. I have used experiential techniques, prayer, meditation,
affirmations, forgiveness, will. I am not a christian or affiliated with any religion
but i believe that lots of people are experiencing a spiritual
process and do not realize this. If you can relate please reply. I have much
more to say on this subject.

Mark

PanchoGoz
12-07-12, 23:51
How far on areyou with recovery? Do you believe the anxious thoughts will disappear completely with a spiritual awakening of sorts?

mark--
13-07-12, 00:22
What I have said is that, with me, anxiety pushed me to places to force me to
reprogram the way i think and to drop fears that I was holding onto. I would not
say I am in "recovery" because i don't think I am sick.
Louise Hay is right in what she is saying about reprogramming the mind with healthy
thoughts and phrases. affirmations is the fruit and veg of the mind.

An example from me about how i learned how to deal with some things:
At work we were told we were going to be audited by a higher authority
like a check of our records and CCTV. When i found this out i went into
great fear and anxiety. my stomach was churning with irrational fear...
Every time i thought about this audit i went into a fear and my stomach
churned, it was not normal! one night at home i was in bed i sat up and
meditated to the "higher power". I reminded myself about the audit and
the fear came into me, in my stomach. I sat with the fear and felt it
allowed it there and i said "where are you from, you dont belong here".
with that i saw in my mind a time when i was a child and i used to get
up before my mum and dad and phone 999 on the phone to the emergency
services. i used to hang up and i was doing it for a thrill. one day they
traced the call and phoned back a few hours later and told my mother.
she was so mad and she said the police are coming around to get you.
I am emotionally sensitive and this was a great trauma of fear for me.
I had totally forgot about this experience until this night of meditation
probably 25 years later. the memory from the past, and the feeling of
fear from the Auditers/higher power, merged together and burnt away
inside my stomach and i was left with a feeling of peace. After when
i thought about the audit i got no fear and no emotion from it. what
this experience showed me was that the fear of the audit was activating
the stored fear from the police coming round as a child. I has stored this
fear in my body with my CHILDISH mind. once brought into the light
of my adult conscious mind it was released.

sorry to ramble on, i dont write so well.

mark

eeyorelover
13-07-12, 03:09
From what I've just read, Mark, you write pretty well in my opinion!

Knowledge is power and reading what helps others is a tremendous gift when dealing with anxiety!

I am a firm believer that negative emotions take a physical toll on the body!

Since anxiety occurs in the mind, it would stand to reason that learning to filter or reprogram the negative thoughts we experience would help to relieve anxiety!!
That is not to say that anxiety doesn't provoke physical symptoms but get rid of the reoccurring negative thoughts and fears and the anxiety is sure to lessen!

PanchoGoz
13-07-12, 11:29
That's a very interesting story, and it is well written! I also believe in sitting with the fear, I fell it deserves respect so that it respects you. Amazing how that memory came to you and took away the fear.

Veronica H
13-07-12, 11:40
:yesyes: xV

Tish
13-07-12, 13:36
Yes, that was a well written and interesting post mark.
I know that most of my 'issues' come from the way I was treated as a child and I'm 54 now! it's hard to change when you're 'programmed' as a child to feel worthless and to know real fear.
I often think of my anxiety and depression as 'a scream' that's built up inside and has no release so it takes it's toll on my mental health. I think this can also lead to physical ailments in some people too.
I'm following a Spiritual path now but not affiliated to any particular religion. I wish I could say it was helping to cope with everyday life!

mark--
13-07-12, 22:43
Thank you for your replies to my post. I would like to further add to this with more of my experiences.
Whilst reading a new age book one night i came across the line that said something like: “Forgiveness
is just a tool to lighten your emotional load, whats the point in carrying around the negative energy
all your life, forgive others and more importantly yourself. release these burdens..”. After reading
it the hairs stood up on my arms and neck and I could see the sense in this sentence, I could feel
there was something there. I put the book down, sat back against the wall and closed my eyes. I started
to have forgiving thoughts about people and myself, and i tried to test my limit as i saw it as a challenge.
Slowly with each memory, I bought in the thought of forgiveness with a reason for each scenario.
Even if the reason was as simples as “because i know its the right thing to do.....”
“I forgive myself for shooting that sparrow with an air rifle, I was just a young adventurous child,
bless me, I am a lovely person” “I forgive my father for leaving my family, He made a mistake and thats ok,
no one has all the answers nor are we born with a guide book on life...”
Each forgiveness was done slowly, with my hands in prayer position by my chest.
As I did this I created a warmth of forgiveness and compassion in my heart. A tiny little spec of love was there.
The more I forgave myself and others, the more I could feel, create and draw upon this love within my chest,
It was like an ember and it was growing, I was increasing the love and this allowed me to use it for the memories.
Eventually i slipped into what was a cycle of forgiveness, and love and then something happened.
Golden light surrounded me and was within me in my chest, rising up, warm golden love, pure and loving. I was in Love.
I am not a christian but I now understood what was spoken about by mystics, saints and sages about
forgiveness and divine love.

I realised that in a relaxed state, I could bring in emotional energy, much the same was the mind creates
our fear and anxieties, I took the mind and used it for my greater good. Cultivating the love in my chest,
eyes closed thinking of compassion and love, “the charity workers who do good deeds and work with the disabled...
bless them.. they are so kind... the animals that take on their prays siblings and nurture them... how sweet
nature is..... the innocence of young children” On and on I would cultivate this loving feeling in my chest.
It was like building a fire. Once i had a reasonable amount of love there, I would bring in a thought of fear
or anxiety or sorrow... and bring it into the fire, where it would dissolve.

In my opinion it is just pure science. Everything is energy and vibration. Higher vibrational energy
with more power (the love aspect) will destroy or thwart the lesser vibrational dirt. We have this field of
energy that we store things in, Its like a sack that we have been putting things in since we were a kid, except
when we were a kid and even know we put alot of junk into it. and this junk makes up our foundations, and we
need to go back over our foundations and replace some of the key bricks so we can build higher.... this is how i see it.

oh yes i can ramble on, see? :-)

Mark