PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!!

katie04
18-07-06, 10:49
Hi to all members
I'm not too sure where to start really as i'm not used to doing this sort of thing, but here goes...
I started taking Citropram tablets about 3 weeks ago for anxiety and depression.
I don't particularly have anything bad going on in my life but euqally nothing too good which i think has lead to me feeling more down.
The anxiety was something that i have been lead to think is just me neading to calm down a bit and chill out but after reading so many stories on here i've come to learn that it is a medical problem. It gets so bad at times that i feel like i'm going to be sick!!
I'm feeling really positive about talking to people who understand and hopefully learning more about how to cope (something which i'm struggling to get my head around at the moment!).
Heres to better times ahead.

K
x

Piglet
18-07-06, 11:31
Hello Katie,

Welcome to the site hun, I am sure you will find much to reassure you here.:)

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

manmoor
18-07-06, 12:14
Hi Katie,

A big warm welcome to you. Hope we can be of some help to you. We are not alone.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

Robertc160882
18-07-06, 12:25
Hi Katie,

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and promise you that things will get better. As time evolves and your body gets used to the meds you will notice a different. Can I just say though with the citalopram the heat is an issue so you may want to buy a fan.

Robert x

Daisybun
18-07-06, 12:37
Hi Katie and welcome to the forum. i'm on citalopram too, three weeks just like you and i am feeling so much better now! This is a great forum with lots of supportive people.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

scoobygirl2005
18-07-06, 12:42
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

jackie
18-07-06, 14:46
hi katie

it is really good to know that you are not alone and hope we can help you as i know how hard this horrible thing is

all the best

jackie

clickaway
18-07-06, 15:31
A warm welcome to the forum, Katie.

You will certainly find loads of understanding people here.

Including many, like you, that had not posted on anything like this before[8D]

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

polly daydream
18-07-06, 16:55
Hi Katie and welcome to the forum.

Polly

Will Loynes
18-07-06, 19:35
Hey Katie,
welcome to NMP, sometimes we need a prop to help support us on a bad day and this is probably the best place to be!
Hopefully speak in the chat room soon.
Enjoy NMP.

Cheers

Will [8D]

chucklehound
18-07-06, 19:39
welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

rosebud1984
18-07-06, 20:16
Hi Katie. Welcome! I am new here too, but I'd just like to say I hope you find the support you are looking for on here. I am suffering from generalised anxiety, but have had depression in the past. I too thought that once I'd finished Uni & had a chance to relax my anxiety would go away, but it has persisted. I've now accepted that my thinking patterns have changed & I have an anxiety disorder. It really does take a lot of effort to overcome it. There is loads of info on here about how to cope with it, so I hope you will find it useful.

xxx Rosebud xxx

giddy
18-07-06, 21:07
Welcome to the forum Katie
love Helen

nomorepanic
18-07-06, 21:55
Katie

Welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help

Nicola