PDA

View Full Version : the weather

alwaysanxious
13-07-12, 11:34
Hi there is anybody else having anxiety /panic attacks due to our terrible weather we having????? its really making me feel down which in turn is causing anxiety then bloody panic attacks. i kind of thought i was over the worst after having CBT but its like kickin off all over again and stressing me out bad ,im so miserable dont want to do anything. please reassure me that it will pass and im just having a blip.:weep::shrug:

lisa

raggie66
13-07-12, 15:27
Hi Lisa, I'm sure you're just having a blip. I suppose it must be a bit like SAD? This weather is certainly not the best tonic for anyone. Chin up, I'm sure it will pass.

R

gypsywomen
13-07-12, 15:41
:hugs::hugs:Even people who don't suffer from anxiety feel down with the very dull atmosphere its oppressive.we all need sun light ,,,so yes i am sure this is why you feel like you do

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

http://www.galitz.co.il/en/articles/ensunset_files/image005.jpg

Bramwell
13-07-12, 16:07
Bad weather doesn't help with Anx. Most people feel better with some sunshine...not too much though.

eight days a week
13-07-12, 16:09
I think you need more sunlight (natural vitamin D) which is what we miss out on in the winter and which makes us feel worse in some cases (SAD).

Obviously the summer is the time we should be topping up on sunshine, but if it's raining and miserable you're less likely to go outside, and more likely to be covered up (I'm not sure if it's proven, but I've read you need more than just the sunlight to your face to get enough vitamin D).

I'd say, get out when you can as much as possible and uncover your arms etc as much as is comfortable (obviously I'm not suggesting you go streaking round the neighbourhood!! :roflmao:)

Amazing picture Gypsywomen! Where in the States is that?

alwaysanxious
13-07-12, 17:17
Thankyou for all your replies every 1 and gypsy woman the picture was lovely wishd that was me. we just had loads of rain for months on and off and its horrible.. i love this website its so good for us sufferes, again thankyou im hoping it is as promised a sunny day tomorrow because your all right it really does make you feel better..will keep you posted .

take care
lisa:bighug1:

BobbyDog
13-07-12, 18:19
As eight days a week said,

Depression/low mood is sometimes caused by lack of vitamin D that we get from natural daylight.

I myself am having problems with Depression at the moment, as I always do when the days are dark; and for many years I have been threatening to buy a S.A.D(Seasonal Affective Disorder) light. Well, today it arrived by post from Amazon(the company not the region).

I would love to hear from anyone else who has used one of these lamps, positive or negative feedback much appreciated.

I intend to start usning mine in the morning and I will post back on this thread later in the week to report my findings.

I forgot to mention that I also suffer from insomnia and there is evidence to suggest that exposure to natural/synthethc daylight may be beneficial.

R.Barratt
13-07-12, 18:29
Hiya lisa :)
I'm sorry you have been struggling and I know exactly where you're coming from the weather really has dragged me down as well. Which is natural. And hunni it will pass its just depression and anxiety makes us feel like it will never end and we will always feel this way but it isn't true. We have ups and downs so you will push through it xxx

PanchoGoz
13-07-12, 18:36
I think the weather is like this for a reason so I am trying to be thankful....and I'm hoping it will do what it needs to do quickly and efficiently.

Meltdown
13-07-12, 19:19
As eight days a week said,

Depression/low mood is sometimes caused by lack of vitamin D that we get from natural daylight.

I myself am having problems with Depression at the moment, as I always do when the days are dark; and for many years I have been threatening to buy a S.A.D(Seasonal Affective Disorder) light. Well, today it arrived by post from Amazon(the company not the region).

I would love to hear from anyone else who has used one of these lamps, positive or negative feedback much appreciated.

I intend to start usning mine in the morning and I will post back on this thread later in the week to report my findings.

I forgot to mention that I also suffer from insomnia and there is evidence to suggest that exposure to natural/synthethc daylight may be beneficial.

I used a SAD lamp a couple of years ago. Good news is it did work, and made me feel slightly euphoric! Bad news is it also gave me headaches! I sold it after about 6 weeks...

Also not a good idea to use one in the evening, as apparently the daylight type light tricks the brain into thinking it is the middle of the day, and can keep you awake!

gypsywomen
13-07-12, 19:26
:roflmao:i am glad the picture gave a ray of sunshine ,sorry don't know where it was taken

Honeybundle
15-07-12, 23:45
Lisa, there was a news article last week which said sales of self-help anti-depression meds had increased by a whopping 125%! My mum also says that the nurse at her GP surgery said they have never had so many people suffering with depression. I definitely think it's the weather here in Britain. It makes me feel so low waking up to pouring rain and dull skies every day. You are not alone. But hopefully we will have this Indian summer they keep promising and we will all feel so much better. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Bobbydog, I had a SAD lamp for my cat years ago...no kidding! He was a house cat and always seemed 'down' in the winter. He loved it and basked under it all the time. :)