PDA

View Full Version : Scared I can't get through the day

ren
18-07-06, 11:46
For the first time in my life (after years of depression) I'm scared I wont make it through the day. I feel so anxious all the time that I don't know how I'm going to make it to bedtime.

"you've nothing to fear but fear itself" and by god I am terrified of fear!

ren

Daisybun
18-07-06, 12:32
Hi Ren, I would agree with Nigel, don't look at a whole day, look at it one bit at a time. Plan some little tasks/activities in each bit. I would write it down to help me, like a little time table. Also just remember that fear is false evidence appearing real, don't be dragged in by it. You will make it through the day, one step at a time. As Nigel said read through the help bits on NMP. let us know how you're doing

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

scoobygirl2005
18-07-06, 12:46
Hi.

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Try and keep yourself occupied with a hobby or something, that way the day will pass quicker and it will take your mind off things.

Scooby2005
x x

Will Loynes
18-07-06, 13:23
Hi ren,
Sorry to hear you're having a bad one. Just take one step at a time and you'll get through the day.
Try not to be too hard on yourself as it can make you feel worse, and try the chat room, it really saved me when I was having a bad one yesterday.
Take care
Will [^]

ksmith
18-07-06, 13:41
I try and sleep as much as I can and find that helps. Don't forget, to be this anxious in the first place, you are exhausted! Try sniffing lavender oil and concentrate on your breathing
You will get thru the day!!!
Kay x

jackie
18-07-06, 14:21
me too ren terrified of fear

i know just how you feel have felt like this for 5 years

not alone

jackie

manmoor
18-07-06, 18:31
Hi Ren,

I've felt like this for over 10 years now so you are not alone hunx. We are all here for each other.

Mandy
xx

kazzie
18-07-06, 19:17
only just logged on but hope you survived the day ren and you are feeling better this evening kaz

ren
18-07-06, 19:56
thanks guys. I've made it to 8pm. Just got to make it through the night now, then through tomorrow...

ren