PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety causing paranoia please read :(

Littlehelper123
14-07-12, 00:20
Hey guys,

Havent been on here in a while, been doing really good with the panic attacks, my lifes slowly but surely getting back on track (touch wood)

BUT.....

My anxiety is causing paranoia....im 17 , not on any meds, im hoping its just teenage insecurities but i dont think it is

Ive become really clingy to friends, and even ex friends that treated me like crap when i was going through a hard time.

Also, everytime they write something indirectly on social sites i assume its about me for some reason,

Ive had close friends lie to me, bitch about me and break trust with me,

Could this just be where ive been treated badly by friends?

It makes me wonder if its me thats the problem :( i consider myself as a good friend, i always ask how people are and show genuine interestin their lives but they never say anything like that to me :/

Anyone give me some advice? Its really getting me down that i dont have a close friend that will respect me as much as i respect them :/

---------- Post added 14-07-12 at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was 13-07-12 at 23:50 ----------

Please can someone answer :(

BobbyDog
14-07-12, 07:03
I get very paranoid and think that any negative comment that is made by people is about me. It is mostly down to anxiety. I also think that we expect too much from our friends. They cannot understand our anxiety because they cannot see it, it is in our heads and only we know how we feel. Take a step back and try to look at the situation from their point of view, they are young and care free and just want too enjoy themselves. It is a shame that you don't have one particular friend that you can share your problems with, but in time you may meet someone who is as caring as you are.

theharvestmouse
14-07-12, 16:20
If 'friends' break your trust and talk about you behind your back, they are not friends. It also makes you more paranoid when you have this happen to you. Be careful not to get hurt by misplacing trust in people who have hurt you previously.

I'm still trying to figure life out and I'm 30 now, I still don't understand people and the world.