PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful cough etc

countrygirl
14-07-12, 13:10
I KNow its a bug going round as alot of people have got it and everyone who has any chest problems all seem to have got bad chest infections.

I started on monday and by Thursday had a awful cough, sound like a dog barking, awake all night coughing, sore throat, tight chest and runny nose. All the usual of a bad bug!

I am absolutely useless at knowing when I need to see a DR, I have had these sort of things in the past and occasionally have not rushed off to Dr and got better eventually myself but my husband once got something liek the that turned into pneumonia and he was rushed to hospital unconscious so as you can imagine I freak easily.

Anyone else got this in the country and when would you see a Dr??

Diva
14-07-12, 16:55
Hello Countrygirl

Sometimes it feels like you post on this site just to make me feel better! I've had a chest infection (I think) for the last few weeks and am a little anxious to say the least because of the recent "cough" ads on TV.

Do you feel like you need to clear your chest but you can't cough anything up? If so, antibiotics might help so a visit to the doctor might be a good idea. (I'm too scared to go!)

I didn't know there was something going 'round so thanks for that.

I hope you feel better soon.

Donna

countrygirl
14-07-12, 18:11
Thanks Donna. If you have had a cough etc for a few weeks then its worth getting your Dr to check you haven't developed a chest infection as they can be cleared up easily with antibiotics so be brave and toddle off.

My husband developing life threatening pneumonia 12 years ago did not do me much good in the ha department!!! Mind you he always says if you can take a deep breath to cough you aint' got pneumonia as he could hardly breathe so that does help me but bog standard chest infections I neveer know when to go and get Dr to listen to my lungs.

Also it is so embarrasing at moment to be out in public and have one of my coughing fits as I just have to cough and my eyes and nose runs and it sounds so awful. The tickle in throat is so manic!!!!!!!!