PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever feel like this?

julieG
18-07-06, 12:35
Today I dont feel too bad 'big' syptoms wise. Still feel a bit lightheaded/dizzy.

But even though the big major scary symptoms arent there, I still just dont feel right - I cant explain - maybe a bit jittery inside, but just not totally calm.

Does anyone ever feel this way? It feels so bizarre - is it depersonalisation or something- is it normal?

I thought I had experienced it all by now!

Thanks JulieG

Obsessive
18-07-06, 12:37
Im jittery today about everything, and im deffo not calm!!!! I have taken my pills but they seem to be doing nothing for me today.

"Why does life turn you upside down and inside out then back round again"

Daisybun
18-07-06, 12:41
I think that we all have days like that, with or without anxiety, it is just that maybe we are more aware of it than others. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Ma Larkin
18-07-06, 12:58
Hi Julie, I feel like that most of the time. I think I'm waiting for a panic attack to happen and it constantly makes me feel anxious and jittery. I wish someone would find a cure and soon!!

Les

ksmith
18-07-06, 13:48
Julie,

We are always 'on guard' just in case we get a panics. That prevents us from every feeling totally calm. It's a vicious circle. I found the Claire Weeks book very good at explaining this obstacle to feeling better.

All the best

Kay

julieG
18-07-06, 13:53
Thank you everyone.

I think that probably sounds right - being on guard. How annoying - if im not panicking, im anxious about panicking, and if i dont feel symptoms i'll just have them anyway in case they come!?!?

I'm re-reading my ancient photocopy of Claire Weekes book at the moment after all the hoo-haa on one of the other forums. Lets hope it works or at least helps. Will look for that section Kay.

Thanks again

Good day to all Julie x

jackie
18-07-06, 14:35
oh i get this and it really is the worst feeling as it makes you doubt if you can ever be happy. it is almost as if it is better the devil you know. better the familiar sypmtoms that you hate so much rather that this new unknown territory of being afraid of what seems like nothing

you are not alone

jackie

julieG
18-07-06, 21:49
thanks jackie. i do agree its awful. today i have felt really down too. a few people have commented that I look miserable and am being quiet (like that helps!) - they dont know about my anxiety though. Are really really down days part of it? I worry I will start to develop depression.

Had a few drinks tonight which usually helps calm me to the point where I feel normal, but even this hasnt worked!

its the dizziness/waves of dizziness/lightheadedness/unsteadiness that dont ever leave!! even when I feel pretty good - they still are there! it makes me question time after time whether it is just anxiety i hate it!

[V]

julie x

julieG
18-07-06, 22:03
meant to say - its only when I am upright.

thats why I prefer to sit, not stand, and hate to walk!

Julie x