PDA

View Full Version : Help - Don't want to google

chanebehanan
15-07-12, 02:29
hey i recently had a little throat problem so thats been my anxiety choice of the week. If you feel back in the front of your throat from where the tongue begins is there like a little patch of bumps? I dont wanna check again because i have a bad gag reflex.

Are these supposed to be there? I read that its normal to have a little bumpy patch if you feel in your throat so am i worrying about nothing

.Poppy.
15-07-12, 04:01
Unless yours are hard, large, or bothering you in anyway, try not to worry about it. I feel bumps near the back of my throat also - I think it's just the texture of the skin back there. If you use your tongue to feel around the inside of your mouth carefully, you'll feel a wide variety of very normal textures, so try not to let it bother you :smile:

chanebehanan
15-07-12, 04:05
nope they are really small. its like in the very back of my toungue but in my throat from where it starts. Im gonna try not to worry about it. Thanks for the post.

chanebehanan
16-07-12, 02:01
is this something I should be worried about? :ohmy: its like a patch on the back of my tounge in my throat

Worried_Male
16-07-12, 02:07
I have a really rough patch on the back of my tongue. I think this is normal.

chanebehanan
16-07-12, 02:16
I have a really rough patch on the back of my tongue. I think this is normal.

thank you so much for the response. Just hearing that helps. You mean on the back of your toungue though right, from where it starts in ur throat? Not under/below it?

Worried_Male
16-07-12, 02:27
thank you so much for the response. Just hearing that makes me stop worrying about it immediately. You mean on the back of your toungue right? Not under/below it?

Yep, that's exactly where i mean.

Here is a picture i found for you. They're called "papillae" and are perfectly normal.

http://genericlook.com/img/uploads/anatomy/tongue.jpg

chanebehanan
16-07-12, 02:33
yes! thats it! thanks, you're awesome! :D

Worried_Male
16-07-12, 02:33
yes! thats it! thanks, you're awesome! :D

Glad i could help. :)

chanebehanan
16-07-12, 03:58
okay relating to the OP of my throat anxiety, while I was eating just now i coughed up some little mushy thing. it was prob a quarter CM big and it mushed in my hand. Now my throat is no longer getting discomfort, anyone know anything about these?

Worried_Male
16-07-12, 14:53
okay relating to the OP of my throat anxiety, while I was eating just now i coughed up some little mushy thing. it was prob a quarter CM big and it mushed in my hand. Now my throat is no longer getting discomfort, anyone know anything about these?

Sounds like a tonsil stone.

Check this thread i made...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=117030