PDA

View Full Version : It's at it's worst :(

Tyler1994
15-07-12, 03:29
So here it is. I've been dealing with anxiety since November. But NOTHING like this. I though I experienced the worst.

Yesterday I woke up with a hangover an was about to go to work but I decided not too (worst regret ever). So I went home and I was dead sure I was having a heart attack.

I texted my sister that I was having a panic attack and she called me immediately, because (bless her) she tries her hardest to help me.

I've been lingering around the house since. I went into town and got my mind off it, but it still was there. But since yesterday I just want to lie in bed..

Today I layed in bed this entire summer day (called in sick again).

I made plans to get out of my house and visit a friend 2 an a half hours away, but I'm wayy to freaked out to go. Everything about it makes me worried to go.
For no reason at all :(

Ever since I got anxiety I was able to function, and had hope. Out of no where it vanished.

I am sitting in my truck freaking out.. Help :(

I feel like I wont be able to get over this one, how am I going to go away to university in a month if I can't even leave home?

m.elise
15-07-12, 04:21
I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. Was your hangover from drinking? I'd definitely forgo drinking alcohol for a while. It only heightens anxiety. Are you currently taking any meds?
Just remember, rough patches come, but they also go. You can get through this. Your mind/thoughts can be your worst enemy. But you can overcome them.

BobbyDog
15-07-12, 06:45
It does sound llike you have just hit a rough patch! I think anxiety is like a roller coaster ride, sometimes you are at the top and you think that you have beaten it, then all of a sudden you plummet and the panic attacks are unbearable.

I am sure that if you had been drinking alcohol and had a hangover, you would feel much worse than normal and it would take a couple of days to get it out of your system.

Don't worry about university, it is nearly 2 months away, you could be back to your old self by then, get plenty of rest, some exercise and eat well.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Tyler1994
15-07-12, 06:59
Thanks guys. I was moping around the house and was so fed up that I got in my car and starte driving just now. I'm gunna fight through it. I'll let you guys know if I make it to my friends. I've been calling her off the hook when I feel panic is Comig on.

It's totally a roller coaster. But thinking of it now, I'd rather ride the roller coaster than the merry go round. I just have to get Better at riding it

wally247
19-07-12, 05:04
Do you drink to hangover a lot?

I only ask because while some (most I think) people get a traditional hangover (sick feeling, headache...the stuff you see on TV) some people get something much worse.

I never really got hangovers, I got more of a withdrawal. When I was young it was bearable, but over the years it got worse and worse, and it was exactly like a panic attack at times.

Heart racing, can't concentrate, sweating...it was the worst.

Anyway, if you notice you feel like that everytime you drink it is going to be a good idea to slow down a bit (or stop they say).

I ended up getting so bad that most of the time I wasn't really 100% sure if I was having true anxiety or withdrawal, but it was not fun regardless.

Littlehelper123
19-07-12, 12:56
Hun I'm going to sound really harsh here but i mean it in the nicest way possible - Get your butt out of that house and keep doing things...you HAVE to keep going in order to recover. Be FIRM with yourself , say to yourself , I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS , I AM GOING TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO. You've got to sweety...I hated it when people said things like this to me but TRUST ME, it will help you. If you need to inbox someone , drop me one. x hope ur okay!

SLjimbo
20-07-12, 18:26
We've all been there, so it's not like it's a crisis or anything like that. I think it's pretty obvious that the hangover triggered a good anxiety attack that you're dwelling upon, thinking it's gonna get worst. But it's not!

I too get more anxious than usual after a night at the bar, but I realize it's just garden-variety anxiety and nothing more. The key is to learn to accept and deal with your panic and anxiety rather than escaping and avoiding from them. It's best that you get out of the house and hang out with your friends. It wouldn't be a bad idea either to be open with your friends about your anxiety so they can understand better what you're going through and how they can help.