PDA

View Full Version : From Weight To Pieces - What Happened To Me

MikeAmbition
15-07-12, 12:17
Hi everybody,

Call me Mike. I'm a 24 yr old male, 1,5 years ago, after a night of moderate drinking, as I was standing up from the computer to dress up, the sleeve I put on started to feel uncomfortable. That uncomfortable feeling turned into heart palpitations, high blood pressure, fear of death.

I don't want to make you bored, it's a typical panic story. Emergency, etc..

after the attack, depersonalization came. I could not (and can not) recognize myself. I've lost confidence, and lost emotional faith in everything I ever believed, did, loved, wanted, desired, had, tasted, smelled, kicked, fked, ate, etc..

On the outside, people say I'm allright, and I'm myself, but I couldn't feel further from it.

I feel like Robert De Niro in "Analyze This". The slightest - irrational - comment about me (or even if it's not about me, I interpret it as is) makes me anxious, and ruins my day.

If I see an old man who's drinking beer, I start to think "oh what if this is how I'll look like, I don't have a degree, I'll be a nobody, what if I won't make money, oh and I'm getting old, etc..". Totally out-of-place thoughts, but they came automatically.

I can't make my fking mind to stop depressing and scaring me, I feel like I'm crazy.

Where should I look for the answer? I had a terrible childhood, family fights, death, divorced parents, insecurity, moving constantly, but I thought it made me tougher I was even proud of it before my first PA. They say it can cause this.

I did meditation back then, do you think it's possible that meditation somehow "unlocked" these fears from my subconscious mind? I do know how stupid it sounds but I really have no idea.

I was never ever so clueless about ANYTHING in my life. Even when I did something wrong, I was at least confident doing it, but now I can't make a fking decision because the what-if thoughts are chasing me.

I will not ever commint suicide but it's terrible to see the world spin round when I KNOW I am (or were) someone who could achieve a LOT more than I do now.

it is created by me?
am I weak inside just managed to pretend until my panic attack?
is it my fault?
am I crazy?
will I ever be the same guy or is it just a dream now?
do I have a bad conscience?
meditation did this to me?
are these terrible fears should be taken seriously? if not, where's the borderline between false and real fear?

I don't care if the answer is painful. I'm willing to face anything, just to find the solution.

thanks for your time

nomorepanic
15-07-12, 12:28
Hi MikeAmbition

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

R.Barratt
15-07-12, 23:18
Welcome to nmp :) xxx

Veronica H
16-07-12, 00:17
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Vx

BobbyDog
16-07-12, 07:00
I don't know what the answer is, we are all looking for it aswell, but I do hope that you get a bit of respite here at NMP.:blush:

miss polly
16-07-12, 12:03
Hi and welcome! Bobbydog is right and we're all in the same boat! I think you're over thinking and thinking too deeply. I know because I've been there and can totally recognise everything you say. it will pass. It's caused by anxiety which feeds on itself and ends up making you feel in a constant depersonalized state questioning everything and every thought. It's an awful space to be in but trust me it does pass once you're able to lower your anxiety levels. I went to relaxation classes and that helped a little. The main thing was time passing though. It took about 6 months to a year for me to recover. Good luck xx