PDA

View Full Version : Mouth/tonsil anxiety :(

NervousA1
15-07-12, 17:57
Hi just signed up to this site as I feel alone here, and thought I would type up my worries :wacko:. Started around 17 years ago, I had coughed up a load of tonsil stones which grossed me out! and it left a biggish hole above my left tonsil, never had any pain from it or anything.

My dentist has never said anything about the hole there, and another thing I have been obsessing over is a purple colour vein at the back of my mouth 1 side of the soft palate can that be normal to have a vein showing through there... does anyone else have this? Is it anything to worry about? I'll post a pic at the bottom sorry it's kind of gross. :scared15: Maybe it could be normal I don't know, probably wouldn't worry anyone if they didn't have health anxiety.

copy&paste h ttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/al58/stuff/IMG_1737.jpg

Thanks for any help/ reassurance that I'm not a freak lol.

NervousA1
16-07-12, 12:34
Waited a day with no reply, really anxious today I always feel worse in the mornings. I have suffered with this for years. Been on citalopram for approx 7 months.

I always worry about my health, found a lump in my neck about 1cm painless had it checked out but doctors didn't seem concerned, I had blood tests etc all came back normal.

Now I keep obsessing about my mouth, and that stupid vein on the roof of my mouth, can anyone out there re assure me that this could be normal? I get no pain or discomfort it just worries me that it is visible for some reason?

Maybe it is normal, and other people have something similar? I've no idea.

Anyway thanks for reading :) hope to hear a reply, anything would be good hate feeling alone...

gypsywomen
16-07-12, 13:21
:hugs:hi if the doctor felt it need looking into ,he would say ,,If bloods were ok ,doctor must feel your doing well ,its strange how w concentrate on the thing thetas bothering us the most ,i believe this is part of anxiety

Worried_Male
16-07-12, 14:57
That's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

NervousA1
16-07-12, 21:39
OK, so it's deffo nothing to be concerned about these veins I see there??, I have no idea how long they have even been there. I can't be the only person in the world that has something similar... Probably just my anxiety causing me to worry about it unnecessarily? It does my head in worry myself mind does over time. arghhhh. Thanks for all your input it's much appreciated. :)

Worried_Male
16-07-12, 21:51
OK, so it's deffo nothing to be concerned about these veins I see there??, I have no idea how long they have even been there. I can't be the only person in the world that has something similar... Probably just my anxiety causing me to worry about it unnecessarily? It does my head in worry myself mind does over time. arghhhh. Thanks for all your input it's much appreciated. :)

I have exactly the same thing as in that picture. I worried about them at first, but they haven't changed or got any worse, so i know it's nothing. Some veins just come to the surface and are more prominent. Same as on the skin.

NervousA1
16-07-12, 22:10
Just what I wanted to hear :). I wish I had joined this site earlier in the year, good to know I'm not alone. :grouphug: