PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about call from OHA

bethblue123
16-07-12, 10:26
Waiting for call from oha, hands already shaking and feeling sick, panicking that she's going to say i'm making it all up.I’ve been off work for a week now (have been off for 6wks a few months back with same and seen an ohp twice through work), think it’s just stress but I’m not really sure Symptoms have been:

tearfulness, crying over little things
difficulty making decisions (unable to sort out washing into colors etc)
difficulty prioritizing things
feeling anxious and on edge whilst on my own
suicidal thoughts (when in the dark mood) have cut a few times (something I haven’t done in years)
feeling worthless

difficulty getting to sleep
waking through the night (tiredness during the day)
loss of motivation (stopped exercise classes)
bingeing (stopped diet club, caring about what I eat)

Things have kicked off again the past two months, came to a head last week which is how I'm off. Big meeting with manager about new changes in workplace seemed to do it, as a result colleagues have since commented I seemed to be "gone" all day. I can't even remember what I did, I just knew that I couldn't go back, at least until I was feeling okay again.

GP has been no help whatsoever, which is what's making me even more anxious about todays call. - He didn't even listen to me (told him all of the above), I don't seem to be able to control my emotions so was quite teary, he simply asked how long I get paid for on the sick, signeda note for 4wks, told me to look for a job in a supermarket on checkouts and see him again if I need more time.

Looking for a bit of reassurance I guess

BobbyDog
16-07-12, 10:52
They all seem like the symptoms of anxiety and depression to me. I would contact your doctor surgery and ask to see another GP, you don't have to give a reason. If you are having suicidal thoughts you deffinately need to discuss with a doctor.

kittikat
16-07-12, 12:25
I have to agree with BobbyDog here, it definitely sounds like anxiety and depression. Your doctors comments and lack of compassion will undoubtedly have an negative impact on you too so you really do need to see another doctor here.

I am having some similar issues with work and it has had a rather profound effect on me so please look after yourself and try not to worry about the OH assessment. Basically they have to remain impartial but jot down some notes as you have done here with your symptoms....they should suggest ways your employer can help in their 'duty of care' towards you.

Good luck, and take care of yourself. Kitti :)